Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linking amex accounts online

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

linking amex accounts online

i'm AU on my wife's amex BCP and i recently got an amex rewards gold card. if i link the accounts online (i'm assuming i can), will my wife be able to see the gold card? i'd like to keep one card invisible for gifts and such.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: linking amex accounts online

well no one can see a card online if they aren't on it. so she can't log in and see your cards. but hiding from your wife isn't smart either lol.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i'm AU on my wife's amex BCP and i recently got an amex rewards gold card. if i link the accounts online (i'm assuming i can), will my wife be able to see the gold card? i'd like to keep one card invisible for gifts and such.

Like golf clubs and fishing equipment? Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah you know... the guy stuff lol.

"honey idk who got me that..."
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol! she knows i have the card, i just don't want surprises ruined. and maybe there's an occasional gift for me from me,,,who's to say, lol. 

i'd like to link the accounts of profile for convenience, but was wondering if that would be linking her account to mine even though she's not currently a user. 

Message 5 of 8
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

I believe it works by linking the cards to your account, not linking your online account to hers. You can only see the cards linked to your account.  And she can only see the cards linked to her account.   Since your AU BCP is actually her card, she can see your charges on the BCP.  But she will not be able to see any other Amex cards you may have.   I think you will be safe.  But I have never done so.  Others are welcome to comment.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

what you said is right i was just too lazy to type it theyllat clear lol
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

that**
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.