Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

list of Citi credit cards that provide free FICO score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

list of Citi credit cards that provide free FICO score

Hi all.  I'm interested in getting a Citi card, primarily for the free FICO score from Equifax.  I already have the Discover It card which gives me my TransUnion score, and an FNBO card that gives me my Experian score, so this would complete the trio.  But Citi's website does not tell you which of their cards will give you the score, it just says "select cards" or somesuch.  So I called and asked which ones have it.  After an excruciating call with someone whose native tongue is not English, i was given a list of ten cards that will provide the free FICO score.  There are three American Airlines cards, two Hilton cards, two Thank You cards, and the Diamond Preferred, DoubleCash, and Simplicity cards.  No idea if this is most (or even all) of their offerings, but it seems like the main ones that I was considering anyway.  Hope this helps somebody who might be looking for this info too.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: list of Citi credit cards that provide free FICO score

I know my AAdvantage Platinum select and Prestige both have it, but it's a very specific score - EQ FICO 8 Bankcard.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the double cash is the same score as well
Message 3 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all.  I'm interested in getting a Citi card, primarily for the free FICO score from Equifax.

Always consider specific scoring model and don't assume that all FICO's are equivalent.  The EQ score from Citi is a FICO 8 Bankcard as mentioned above.  It is not the same thing as a FICO 8.  Always consider which creditors use which specific models & CRA's.

@Anonymous wrote:

I already have the Discover It card which gives me my TransUnion score, and an FNBO card that gives me my Experian score, so this would complete the trio.

Trio of CRA's but there are many more than just those FICO models.  Discover is a FICO 8.  FNBO is a FICO 8 Bankcard.

See also the Understanding FICO Scoring subforum and its stickies for info on the various FICO models.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed, this trio would not be a complete roster of all the FICO score variants available.  But one official FICO score from each of the major CRAs is good enough for my purposes.  Really what I want is to see generally where I stand with the bureaus.  I'm sure there are some members here who have managed to procure every single score/CRA permutation, but for many people that would be overkill.  In any case, it sure is nice to be able to get these real scores without paying every month, instead of the FAKO scores that you usually get for free.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know Simplicity and Double Cash provide a score, but it's a FICO Bankcard Score 8 model from Equifax.
Message 6 of 8
Ron1
Super Contributor

AT&T Universal Card.

Ron.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Secured Fico8 bankcard EQ
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.