cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

list of possible cc's to obtain w/ 1yr AAOA?

tag
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

list of possible cc's to obtain w/ 1yr AAOA?

What are some cards to apply for (if any) that one would have a chance at getting with just a year of history?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

Re: list of possible cc's to obtain w/ 1yr AAOA?

Any of the student cards

Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 2 of 21
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Walmart and other GE backed cards.

Student cards

Secured cards

Ive read people getting Discover with limited histories.

You could also check various credit unions.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 21
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I have just over a year of history. Average age of my accounts is under 6 months. I don't know of any card that couldn't be obtained with a 1 year AAoA. There are many other important factors. Do you have high limit accounts already? Good payment history, low utilization, decent income, ect....

There are so many factors, a low AAoA doesn't always completely hold you back.

It is also possible for somebody with a 1 year AAoA to be declined even secured cards. It just depends on the rest of the CR.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 4 of 21
HiLine
Blogger

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an AAOA of 0.8 mths, oldest account is 1.2 yrs.

You have to keep climbing the ladder, as you get more accounts the other creditors get more comfortable and will extend you credit. I started 1.2 yrs ago with a $500 BOA secured card and literally NO credit history.

I now have 13 cards, including all of the majors Amex (Plat, Gold, BCP), Citi Platinum, Citi Diamond, Discover, Chase Amazon, Chase Freedom, Nordstrom, GE Walmart, GE Amazon, GE Paypal Mastercard and a crappy CapOne. Total limits about $50k, with a $25k auto lease. My scores are around 750 on all three bureaus.

It can be done with a thin file, but you might need to lift your scores before the prime banks will give you a chance.

[Edit]

I forgot to mention, ALWAYS PIF on your accounts BEFORE the statement cuts, but leave one card reporting <9% and your score will climb nicely.

Message 6 of 21
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have an AAOA of 0.8 mths, oldest account is 1.2 yrs.

You have to keep climbing the ladder, as you get more accounts the other creditors get more comfortable and will extend you credit. I started 1.2 yrs ago with a $500 BOA secured card and literally NO credit history.

I now have 13 cards, including all of the majors Amex (Plat, Gold, BCP), Citi Platinum, Citi Diamond, Discover, Chase Amazon, Chase Freedom, Nordstrom, GE Walmart, GE Amazon, GE Paypal Mastercard and a crappy CapOne. Total limits about $50k, with a $25k auto lease. My scores are around 750 on all three bureaus.

It can be done with a thin file, but you might need to lift your scores before the prime banks will give you a chance.

+1

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 7 of 21
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

I have 4 cc accounts with perfect history.  Depending how much of an increase I get next week with NFCU will determine if I app or not.  Im hoping a can get a 5k tradeline reporting with them so that will line me up with some decent tradelines down the road.  Income is 50k

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

So long as you have been paying off your balance on time, you should be good to get one of the AMEX charge cards or entry level "prime cards," I got a CITI forward while I was a student and then 4 months after graduating went on to get an AMEX green and CITI diamond preferred.

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So long as you have been paying off your balance on time, you should be good to get one of the AMEX charge cards or entry level "prime cards," I got a CITI forward while I was a student and then 4 months after graduating went on to get an AMEX green and CITI diamond preferred.

+1 for this.

When I got my Amex Gold they pulled all 3 bureaus as I was obviously a borderline approval. 7 months of good history later I got approved for the BCP at $2k (CLI to $6k at 61 days) and then a Platinum Charge card a few months later.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.