cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

list of possible cc's to obtain w/ 1yr AAOA?

tag
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: list of possible cc's to obtain w/ 1yr AAOA?

@Anonymous wrote:

+1 for this.

When I got my Amex Gold they pulled all 3 bureaus as I was obviously a borderline approval. 7 months of good history later I got approved for the BCP at $2k (CLI to $6k at 61 days) and then a Platinum Charge card a few months later.

Do you might to list out what cards did you obtain follow one by one ??? I try to help out my relative that came from another country and have no credit at all.........Your information would be very helpful for me to help to get a successful credit file..........Seem like you doing pretty good job lately................Thanks

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 11 of 21
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So long as you have been paying off your balance on time, you should be good to get one of the AMEX charge cards or entry level "prime cards," I got a CITI forward while I was a student and then 4 months after graduating went on to get an AMEX green and CITI diamond preferred.

I actually applied for zync right before they discontinued it and was denied not enough account history and 2 inquiries in the past 12 mos was too many for them.  Im just gonna wait for a charge card for them till around or after 18mos

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 for this.

When I got my Amex Gold they pulled all 3 bureaus as I was obviously a borderline approval. 7 months of good history later I got approved for the BCP at $2k (CLI to $6k at 61 days) and then a Platinum Charge card a few months later.

Do you might to list out what cards did you obtain follow one by one ??? I try to help out my relative that came from another country and have no credit at all.........Your information would be very helpful for me to help to get a successful credit file..........Seem like you doing pretty good job lately................Thanks

I came to the US without any score whatsover. This is how I did it ($95k+ income):

1. Open a BOA checking account and get a secured $500 card at the same time, they will do a credit check but it doesn't matter because you have no credit.

2. You can open a second secured card for $500 from First Premier (ewwww) like I did, but you probably don't need to.

3. Wait 2-3 months, Capital One WILL send you a preapproved offer for their crappy Platinum card. You'll be approved for $500, but at least it's unsecured.

4. Wait until 6 months from step 1 to generate a FICO score. Before this date nobody will touch you, don't even bother.

6. Apply for a GE backed card such as Paypal Mastercard, Amazon store card, etc. It's probably best if you already have a regular Paypal account or Amazon username.

7. Apply for Discover More card. They gave me a $5500 limit.

8. You can try for a Citibank card at this stage, I only got a $1500 limit but at least it got me in the door.

9. Wait 2 more months.

10. Apply for an Amex charge card, it doesn't matter which one. By this stage I was already getting preapproved offers for Green and Gold charge cards in the mail. (They will probably pull all 3 bureaus for your first card)

11. Apply for another GE card.

12. Wait 3-4 more months

13. Apply for a Chase Freedom or Chase Amazon card.

14. Apply for a Citibank CLI, mine jumped to $6500. And I got a preapproval offer for Citi Diamond and accepted, got a $2500 limit.

15. Wait another 3-4 months and you should be good to get approved for almost any prime card you like.

16. Apply for an Amex revolver (BCP, etc) and with good Amex history you should get approved.

It is important that you are responsible with your credit so that it can grow as fast as possible. As others have mentioned, spend a little bit on each card (even like $50/mth) but make sure you pay it all back in full BEFORE the statement date cuts. Except on one card where you want it to report say a 5% balance. On the Amex cards you can spend more to help your internal score grow faster.

Good luck!

Message 13 of 21
distantarray
Established Contributor

I have about 1year AAOA

American Express Blue Cash Preferred

Chase Sapphire Preferred

Chase Freedom

Navy Federal Platinum

I don't think there's a card you can't get, it just depends on the cards you have, and prove good history with them. Stay away from most store cards you won't use, and just PIF every month with activity. more AU's the better as well Smiley Happy

I had a couple but very low AAOA (same age as my cards cause I showed my parents benefits of good credit cards)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 14 of 21
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Good Luck with NFCU CLI root. Don't forget to ask for an insane amount since they hp you and give great cli's. Smiley Happy

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 15 of 21
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@HiLine wrote:

Discover More

BoA Cash Rewards

SPG 

Would add the following:

Any Amex charge card.

Chase Freedom

Amex Delta

That's about it for the usual forum targets that haven't already been mentioned I think.  Citi Forward I think but I hvaen't really paid attention to their underwriting standards.

        
Message 16 of 21
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Good luck

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 1 year started with a secured credit card and no credit to having

Chase Freedom

Citi Forward

Amex BCE

Discover It

Thinking about closing the It though 3 cards is enough for me

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is more in this world along with better Terms & Conditions than the Big banks have to offer.

http://tinyurl.com/bw9j2m2

Message 19 of 21
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 1 year started with a secured credit card and no credit to having

Chase Freedom

Citi Forward

Amex BCE

Discover It

Thinking about closing the It though 3 cards is enough for me

Good mix of cards just keep the IT for age purposes and categories imo.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.