Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lol @ Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol @ Amex

Amex is blowing up my email with this refer a friend crap! They're offer 2500 points for every friend that u refer and approved. Now why would I refer a card to a friend when I don't even want the card I got.  
Message Edited by l9ikjam on 11-13-2008 09:11 AM
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Re: lol @ Amex

@Anonymous wrote:
Amex is blowing up my email with this refer a friend crap! They're offer 2500 points for every friend that u refer and approved. Now why would I approve a card to a friend when I don't even want the card I got.  

To get 2500 points!
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

They can keep they're points.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

How about offering back the CL they've decreased...lol

Message 4 of 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

My close friend is dying for an Amex Gold card, but I talked him out of it. I asked him if he likes babysitting 24/7. I used to be a big Amex fan, but I'm starting to hate them. I am very close to ending my business relationship with them.
Message 5 of 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

l9ikjam wrote:
Amex is blowing up my email with this refer a friend crap! They're offer 2500 points for every friend that u refer and approved. Now why would I refer a card to a friend when I don't even want the card I got.  

2,500 points is hardly generous.

Message 6 of 14
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Kicker is they use you to bring people in and run their credit and no guarantee they will get it and so you are doing their marketing for them and MAYBE get 2500 if someone goes for it and gets approved. Good for you for not doing it.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 7 of 14
MrCredit
Established Contributor

AMEX Sucks.... I had a Blue Cash card they lowered limit from 6000 to 500 recently, no negative action with them pay on time etc, my scores arent the best and I have a couple of negs so I can assume this is the problem. I HATE AMEX!Smiley Mad
Message 8 of 14
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess they  want their customers to do the jobs that the 7000 laid off employees were doing?

Message 9 of 14
Scamp
Valued Contributor

@MsKiwi wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess they  want their customers to do the jobs that the 7000 laid off employees were doing?

Smiley Very Happy

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.