cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for 0%APR on BT and purchases for 12 months, capped fee....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

looking for 0%APR on BT and purchases for 12 months, capped fee....

Has anyone seen a card with a promotional offer for 0%APR on balance transfers AND purchases for 12 months...plus a capped balance transfer fee(or none)?

So far closest I've seen is Citi Platinum card...it meets the conditions except has a full 3% BT fee.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: looking for 0%APR on BT and purchases for 12 months, capped fee....

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone seen a card with a promotional offer for 0%APR on balance transfers AND purchases for 12 months...plus a capped balance transfer fee(or none)?

So far closest I've seen is Citi Platinum card...it meets the conditions except has a full 3% BT fee.

I have not, however, I had heard that someoen said if you have a BT offer and the fee is not capped if you call the company you may be able to negotiate with them to get the fee capped.  

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disney Rewards® Visa® Card
  • 0% Intro APR*
  • No Annual Fee
  • Theme Park Benefits
  • 0%  APR for Vacation Financing
  • No block out dates
  • Earn Disney Dream Reward Dollars®

* For additional rate, fee and cost information see pricing and terms

Chase Disney 0% BT -  12 mth, fee caps at $75.  App - call and ask for CL increase immediately - then transfer almost all your other Chase CL to this card (assuming you have any), and then use the check they send you with your card to deposit the full amount in your checking (less the $75 fee).

I did this 6mths ago and made it work for $30K of 0% money.  I took the 99% of the available balance.  I am just paying back the minimum amount each month (2%).  I think this is one of the few good arbitrage cards out there right now.  Do this and you take a short-term FICO hit - but you can make a small to huge return, depending on what you are currently paying in interest.

If you get this, do not ever miss a payment as this deal is a gift.

Message 3 of 11
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

Try for a Chase Platinum Master card.  I got 0% APR on BT and purchases through April of 2010 and a 9.99% fixed rate after 4/2010 on BT and purchases, no annual fee but, the only reward is the low APR. 

www.chase.com/platinum

Message Edited by Kay_Cee on 02-05-2009 09:16 AM
Message 4 of 11
oracles
Valued Contributor

Woopah, that was me who stated it.

I had a BT with BofA and called to ask if they will cap the fee. 

They were very supportive and helpful.

They capped the fee and I received a 0% BT for 12 months.

I saved over $350 dollars

Definitely call and see what they will do.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

with that chase disney card, will they charge you $10/month if you don't use it enough?  wasn't there something on the news about Chase doing that on their 0%APR cards and people were surprised and angry?
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try CCCU! 0% for 6-12mo's and NO BT fees.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
with that chase disney card, will they charge you $10/month if you don't use it enough?  wasn't there something on the news about Chase doing that on their 0%APR cards and people were surprised and angry?

Nope - I think those people had long-time low APR cards (ex 2.99% for the life of the debt).  This teaser is 12mths and I have not seen any monthly charge.
Message 8 of 11
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Discover More Card . . . . 0% BT - 6 mo.

0% Interest 12 mo.

No Annual Fee

13.99% after that - but it's a good rewards card

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 11
oracles
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Urgent

This was for people who had a 2.99, 3.99, 4.99% for life Bt. Chase needed to get these people to pay them off quicker and therefore added a $10 fee to have the card. I know there is a class action lawsuit currently in California about this situation. 

Here is the link to the thread about this  

Chase And Their New Account Service Charges

For any 12 month or definitive time frame on a BT, you will not have to worry about this additional charge.

Hope this helps and update us on what card you are going to use

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.