Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loving BoA auto CLI

tag
FrugalRican
Blogger

Re: loving BoA auto CLI

No sarcasm.

That line went from $500 to $15,900 with MBNA between 2003 and 2008.

BoA acquired MBNA somewhere around that time.

CL increases since then: $0.

Did a PC from the MBNA non-rewards version to the 1-2-3 and was told that I couldn't lose the annual fee that BoA tacked on in 2011.

The CSR's treat me like dirt whenever they realize they aren't going to get a sell on me on whatever sale/product they think I need. You'd think I kicked their puppy in the mouth.

The only thing that even kept me considering keeping the card was the large CL that they never really granted. If I am grateful for one thing, is that they never decided to do a CLD. But that's about it. Otherwise, terrible experiences overall with them.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 11 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Ah, I see.

If you don't mind doing a bit of statistical reasearch and don't care about the tradeline, try calling them again for whatever that doesn't generate an inquiry?  AF removal again or what not if you haven't done that recently?  They (BOFA) seem to be singing a different tune these days but I'm always suspicious when a tiger tries to change it's stripes.  My experience hasn't been yours, but I'm curious to see if their approach is targetted or if it's pretty broad based.

Edit: grammatical sloppiness.

        
Message 12 of 14
CS800
Super Contributor

BOA is good to some and horrible to others; thats the way to cookie crumbles. Is there any logic to them treating people a certain way ? Yes and No

Welcome to the credit world

Message 13 of 14
FrugalRican
Blogger

Strangely enough, my problem wasn't even the annual fee. I can understand that. I've chosen to pay the $59 twice. So that's on me.

I'm not mad even about the lack of a CLI. Like I said, I'm happy they haven't decreased it and glad they never increased my APR.

I think the sour taste in my mouth has mostly come from the CSR's. I've never called to request anything other than information and have always been treated with a cold shoulder or treated as if I was a piece of meat being dangled in front of a starving tiger. When I did the product change, I tried to appeal to the fact that I've had the card for 9 years, ALWAYS paid on time, have benefitted them by carrying balances plus the swipe fees... and NOPE... won't budge.

I just shudder whenever I have to call them.
Meanwhile in AMEX-Land and Discover-Land and Chase-Land, I actually find reasons to call them and say HELLO.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.