Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lowered my UTIL...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

lowered my UTIL...

on my CreditOne card from practically maxed out to totally paid off a week ago. They report to the bureaus on the 12th, so my question is will there be a lag time between when they report the new balance to when that will be reflected in my scores? I am looking to app for a new card but want to make sure my new balance (and new score) will be what they are seeing when i apply. thanks Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
oracles
Valued Contributor

Re: lowered my UTIL...

hi photo

I would say to give it 10-14 days from when they report to affect all three reports.

hope this helps and keep us updated

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just went from 49% util when I got my FICOs to 4.5% right now. Waiting to see how much it affects my score, hopefully enough to get a good auto loan rate. The simulator says my numbers should be between 704 and 750 by paying that much of my cards down.
Message 3 of 6
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Wow..........nice work, Mc.  49% to 4.5% should be good for 20 -28 points.  Let us know what happens.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will. Unfortunately the payments went through the same day as my new statements cut, so I will have to wait a another month to get the results.
Message 5 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

photobywes wrote:
on my CreditOne card from practically maxed out to totally paid off a week ago. They report to the bureaus on the 12th, so my question is will there be a lag time between when they report the new balance to when that will be reflected in my scores? I am looking to app for a new card but want to make sure my new balance (and new score) will be what they are seeing when i apply. thanks Smiley Happy

I hope that you're with the majority of us who find that EX updates its reports the night of or next morning after they get the info. That's because February 13th (this Friday) will be the last day that you can pull your EX score, barring a last-minute reprieve.

So I'd plan on pulling my EX late in the evening (around 9 pm) on the 13th and hope that it has shown up. Then give EQ and TU a week --until the 19th or 20th --to put down their coffee and doughnut and sports section and mosey over and do their jobs.

I'm going to see if I can find out if we know for sure when the very last moment is that you can pull EX's, but except for rare cases like this one, I would advise that people not wait, for fear that there might be server problems, or you'll lose your Internet connection or something.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.