cashonly30 wrote:

Capital One 0%

Chase 31.99%

Welcome to the forums!

I think you win the divergence award!

Message 32 of 51
cashonly30

Re: lowest vs. highest regular purchase APR

Well, all cc were at 25% or above.  I called Capital One with a sob story (some of which was a fish tale).  I got interest rates lowered as follows:

Cap 1 at 0% for 12 months then goes to 4.9% if keep it current

Cap 1 at 0% for 3 months, then re-reviewed.

Cap 1 at 4.9% for 6 months

Cap 1 at 0% for 6 months, then re-reviewed.

All late fees, overlimit fees, etc. are removed during this promotion on the last 3 Cap 1's.  Cards can still be used, no decrease in credit line and no reporting anything to the 3 agencies. 

No luck doing same with any of the following:  Bank of America, Chase (forget it), Citicard.

It's worth a shot for anyone else to try. 

Message 33 of 51
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@cashonly30 wrote:

Well, all cc were at 25% or above.  I called Capital One with a sob story (some of which was a fish tale).  I got interest rates lowered as follows:

Cap 1 at 0% for 12 months then goes to 4.9% if keep it current

Cap 1 at 0% for 3 months, then re-reviewed.

Cap 1 at 4.9% for 6 months

Cap 1 at 0% for 6 months, then re-reviewed.

All late fees, overlimit fees, etc. are removed during this promotion on the last 3 Cap 1's.  Cards can still be used, no decrease in credit line and no reporting anything to the 3 agencies. 

No luck doing same with any of the following:  Bank of America, Chase (forget it), Citicard.

It's worth a shot for anyone else to try. 

Your a little overinvested with Cap1. What are the CL's on those four cards?

Message 34 of 51
Macroman
Regular Contributor

lowest              CU Visa 12.9

highest       Direct merchants Bank MC   30.9 

Message 35 of 51
wmarat
Valued Contributor

I have problem to pay any APR above 0%.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 36 of 51
score_building
Senior Contributor

wmarat wrote:

revolvers and dead beats alike are assigned an APR on their cc.  it is a given and already assumed PIF customers won't be paying the assigned interest rate.  the rates currently being offered by lenders whether or not PIF are posted hereto.
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 37 of 51
MattH
Senior Contributor

@score_building wrote:

chase (formerly wamu) 5.24

cap1 (RJ from 11.99) 17.99

After many many many years of keeping my APR below 6%, Chase has recently notified me that it's gonna go waaaay up so very soon none of my cards will have an APR below 10%.  I'm glad I always pay in full (except once two or three months ago, when I intended to PIF but by mistake paid a little less than the full amount due so I briefly carried a small balance and paid 57 cents of interest), but still am irritated: if they are ratejacking me then who is not getting ratejacked?  I've had every card for over a decade, with excellent payment histories on all my accounts.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 38 of 51
score_building
Senior Contributor

sometimes there seem to be 2 major pif camps- some, suffice it to say that they pif and don't follow the details of APR fluctuations on accts. very closely.  others, like you it seems would prefer to have the lowest rates available even though you PIF (i do too.) 

i'd imagine you'd have at least some success (if you decide to be vocal with lenders about your concerns) having your rates restored or lowered either now or in the future.  since there are no financial consequences stemming from rate changes on PIF customers the largely wasted effort by the lenders who raise your APR can be somewhat confounding. 

maybe they are just hoping against hope things will head south, and some pif will revolve instead.  it has become a bit clearer to us over time that no one is necessarily safe from increases (as you, psychic, fused, etc. being uber prime-generally eligible for the v. best rates and terms by lenders) exemplify.

Message Edited by score_building on 09-13-2009 05:53 AM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 39 of 51
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Oh, my bad.

Had to check my APR's.

Ameriprise WEMC 4.5%

Amex Blue 15.99%

@score_building wrote:

@wmarat wrote:

revolvers and dead beats alike are assigned an APR on their cc.  it is a given and already assumed PIF customers won't be paying the assigned interest rate.  the rates currently being offered by lenders whether or not PIF are posted hereto.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 40 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.