Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

<Called Again>Experience with Cap1 Executive Office

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

<Called Again>Experience with Cap1 Executive Office

Today I called executive office for CLI increase, they immidiately transfered me to another number. I listened hold tone for some time then spoke with one agent. As expected they denied for CLI after review.

I beleive so many people are calling executive office that they started transfering CLI requesting customers to normal phone numbers.

EDIT: Called again today and again Executive lady passed on my application to someone else after confirming some details. She put me on hold once I asked that I need CLI increase and then connected me to someone else who submitted CLI request online and as expected "you are not elligible and we are reviewing our policy".. **bleep**.. why Cap1 is not proving me CLI Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Experience with Cap1 Executive Office

They are probably catching on the influx of requests going to the execs office

Message 2 of 12
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

It appears that their brief attempt at being customer service oriented may have come to an end.  I say keep calling so the Executive Office knows the customer CLI concerns are escalated.  

I wonder if Capital One Executives ever google their own company, or ever read this site.  I think they could improve their service greatly if they did.... just my feeling.

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 3 of 12
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Hmmm... cap 1 had to catch on sometime, maybe they aren't losening up their policies.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 4 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

If I had to take a wild guess it was probably people calling in being rude and people calling with a fresh out the gate account demanding CLI's that did it in for the people that should be taking advantage of that line.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 12
tylaw13
Regular Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

If I had to take a wild guess it was probably people calling in being rude and people calling with a fresh out the gate account demanding CLI's that did it in for the people that should be taking advantage of that line.

i agree with LS. People think they are entitled to a high credit limit but when you think about, the only reason these people have a capital one card is because they cant get anything else. i should've never started this whole thing about the executive office when they increased me. Although im sure the executive office helped somebody that legitly deserved a CLI i think the number got out to, too many people.

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Message 6 of 12
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Probably. But this should open Cap1s eyes regardless of who's calling the line. They are losing customers due to this! While I can appreciate them approving people with little to no credit history...they should be rewarded overtime with auto CLIs for good account standing. Cap1 doesn't grow with their customers and they seem to not want customers to stay holding them at $500 limits for 3, 4, and 5 plus years. How can they have a program called credit step and the credit doesn't step anywhere? While I can appreciate having the number posted up b/c it did help me gain $1,500 in available credit from $750, the long awaited CLI does not make me feel more inclined to use their card or any of their products in the future. I think a lot of people calling in feel they are entitled to a CLI...which they so rightly are...again for people who have had open accounts stuck at the same limit 2 years plus. Cap1 needs to work on their customer service and customer retention b/c it is baddd.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 7 of 12
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

+100000000000, totally agreed!

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 12
alboto
Regular Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

+100000000000, totally agreed!

+1 more agree to that!

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called again today and again Executive lady passed on my application to someone else after confirming some details. She put me on hold once I asked that I need CLI increase and then connected me to someone else who submitted CLI request online and as expected "you are not elligible and we are reviewing our policy".. **bleep**.. why Cap1 is not proving me CLI Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.