Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

<Insert My Name Here>, we've shipped your new card

tag
dytch2220
Regular Contributor

<Insert My Name Here>, we've shipped your new card

I received a wonderful email yesterday from Capital One with the same subject as this message:

Your new credit card is on its way

Your new credit card was mailed yesterday, and you should receive it within 7 business days.

Thanks for being a Capital One® customer.

I had applied and paid the $200.00 minimum deposit for Capital One's secured card about 1-1.5 weeks ago.  I will probably get this at the end of this week or beginning of next.  Step one headed back uphill!  I can now officially say I have one line of revolving credit.  Navy FCU nRewards Secured Visa - here I come!!

Nate

Installment Accounts

Revolving Accounts
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: <Insert My Name Here>, we've shipped your new card

@dytch2220 wrote:

I received a wonderful email yesterday from Capital One with the same subject as this message:

Your new credit card is on its way

Your new credit card was mailed yesterday, and you should receive it within 7 business days.

Thanks for being a Capital One® customer.

I had applied and paid the $200.00 minimum deposit for Capital One's secured card about 1-1.5 weeks ago.  I will probably get this at the end of this week or beginning of next.  Step one headed back uphill!  I can now officially say I have one line of revolving credit.  Navy FCU nRewards Secured Visa - here I come!!

Nate

Good for you. I know that Cap 1 catches a lot of grief around here but I've never had any major complaints about them. No more or no less than my BoA, Citi. or Discover accounts.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 6
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Congrats!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 3 of 6
dytch2220
Regular Contributor

marine:  Yeah, I've heard that some members of the forum are not too keen on Cap One.  I'm happy that they offer this card as it's a way for me to get back in the game.  The AF is reasonable for a bad credt rebuilder, IMO.  Much better than the First PREMIER Bank/Orchard deal.  In this case I can actually get my money back.  I've decided to stick with 3 secured cards until I can get things turned around.  I'll keep the Navy FCU card for an oldest account once it's issued due to no fee, etc...  Do you know if Cap One will convert to a standard card from secured down the line?

Installment Accounts

Revolving Accounts
Message 4 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@dytch2220 wrote:

marine:  Yeah, I've heard that some members of the forum are not too keen on Cap One.  I'm happy that they offer this card as it's a way for me to get back in the game.  The AF is reasonable for a bad credt rebuilder, IMO.  Much better than the First PREMIER Bank/Orchard deal.  In this case I can actually get my money back.  I've decided to stick with 3 secured cards until I can get things turned around.  I'll keep the Navy FCU card for an oldest account once it's issued due to no fee, etc...  Do you know if Cap One will convert to a standard card from secured down the line?

No I'm sorry but I don't know the answer to that. My Cap 1 account is 13 years old and much has changed in the credit world in that time.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 5 of 6
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval!!  Seems like you're on the road to credit success!

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.