Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

macy's soft pull cli, how?

tag
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

Re: macy's soft pull cli, how?

@Creditaddict wrote:

everyone is right do chat... they always tell you it will be a hp and 95% of the time it is ALWAYS a SP... they use reports on file... they will also instantly counter whatever you ask for so I would ask for at least $2500 if you are at $300 now but since you are coming up on a year and have never asked I would probably ask for $5k.

I just went $3k to $4500 on Macy's store last week and $4k to $9k on Macy's Amex, I asked for $5k on store and $10k on amex. (think those are the right numbers, I have a thread somewhere if you want to check)

just say yes to you agree to hp, like i said it uses what's on file, don't worry about it.

Awesome info. Thanks! I'm going to try again tomorrow and see what happens.

Message 11 of 17
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

When they ask to access your credit report they are not pulling a new one - they access the latest AR soft pull on file. 

In all the times I have chatted for a CLI, they have never once given me a hard pull. 

Not for a CLI, and not to add the $6,000 furniture line either. 

While I have heard tell of a HP here and there, its never been one for me in the last year and a half. 

I chat every 30-60 days for a CLI. 

Message 12 of 17
Slim1Der
Frequent Contributor

I have to agree. They told me they were pulling one and I never got an inquiry. I'm going to do chat couple times a year.
EX - 751 EQ - 732 TU - 752
Over $200k in revolving credit lines
10% Overall UTI
BK Discharge Jan 2009
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked for a cli they told me the same thing that it will be a hard pull. We will see in a few days if it was a hp or sp.

Message 14 of 17
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

So I tried chatting with the agent online and they asked all the questions...income, rent, is it okay to pull my credit report, after verifying everything I requesut he said:

"I sincerely apologize, helping you is extremely important; however I am unable to process your request via chat. Please call us at 1-866-593-2543 and a Macy's representative will be happy to further assist you. Our office hours are Monday through Saturday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and Sunday 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM. I do apologize for the inconvenience."

Called and spoke to a lady who just needed to verify my identity with a couple of more questions. Did that and requested a CL of $5000 and got a counter offer of $2000. I accepted! At least it's not stuck at $300 anymore!

Hopefully it was a SP and I'm not in that small percentag of HPs Smiley Sad If i get a HP I'll keep you all posted.

Message 15 of 17
One7
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your increase!  It'll most likely be a sp, it was for me. I think it's time for me to do a chat with them. 

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since yesterday my Experian updated and it only showed a new acct open " my chase freedom" but so far not a pull from Macys CLI keep you all posted

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

So I tried chatting with the agent online and they asked all the questions...income, rent, is it okay to pull my credit report, after verifying everything I requesut he said:

"I sincerely apologize, helping you is extremely important; however I am unable to process your request via chat. Please call us at 1-866-593-2543 and a Macy's representative will be happy to further assist you. Our office hours are Monday through Saturday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM and Sunday 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM. I do apologize for the inconvenience."

Called and spoke to a lady who just needed to verify my identity with a couple of more questions. Did that and requested a CL of $5000 and got a counter offer of $2000. I accepted! At least it's not stuck at $300 anymore!

Hopefully it was a SP and I'm not in that small percentag of HPs Smiley Sad If i get a HP I'll keep you all posted.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.