Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

macy's

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

macy's

just called to see if i could get in another 3 month gli since the recent policy change seems not to have fully taken hold.  

Jamie, the csr, told me 'we recently changed the gli to every 6 mos, the screen shows you're not eligible due to a recent (april) gli.'

so far, so good:  400 >>> 4200.  macy's rocks!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Macy's

I hope this post is definitive.

Message 2 of 8
score_building
Senior Contributor

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

I hope this post is definitive.

why?  if others are still able to get a 3 mos. gli for whatever reason- i say go for it!

Message 3 of 8
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

This uncertainty between 3 months and 6 months is silly. It is surely one or the other.
Message 4 of 8
score_building
Senior Contributor

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
This uncertainty between 3 months and 6 months is silly. It is surely one or the other.

agreed but from what is being posted- results still seem to vary, somehow certain card holders report they still get a 3 mos gli and others like me today are told that it's now only available every six mos.

Message 5 of 8
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I wonder if you get one last shot at three months and then it becomes six months. I stopped asking when I got to $3.7K in December. Then I got the Macy's Visa invite in May. When I took it in June that turned out to be another $4K in one drop. Considering the fact that I have not charged anything on my store account for almost a year I am not planning on asking for a GLI anytime soon.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just GLI'ed and am up to $2400, which is enough (for now!) to purchase furniture and/or mattress set from them, but I'm gonna request again in.... Jan (???? I guess).
Message 7 of 8
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I just GLI'ed and am up to $2400, which is enough (for now!) to purchase furniture and/or mattress set from them, but I'm gonna request again in.... Jan (???? I guess).

If you do this you are going to want a major purchase account (a separate account/TL) for the 0% APR deals.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.