Senior Contributor
score_building

macy's

just called to see if i could get in another 3 month gli since the recent policy change seems not to have fully taken hold.  

Jamie, the csr, told me 'we recently changed the gli to every 6 mos, the screen shows you're not eligible due to a recent (april) gli.'

so far, so good:  400 >>> 4200.  macy's rocks!

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Re: Macy's

I hope this post is definitive.

Senior Contributor
score_building

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

I hope this post is definitive.

why?  if others are still able to get a 3 mos. gli for whatever reason- i say go for it!

FICOS:
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

This uncertainty between 3 months and 6 months is silly. It is surely one or the other.
Senior Contributor
score_building

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
This uncertainty between 3 months and 6 months is silly. It is surely one or the other.

agreed but from what is being posted- results still seem to vary, somehow certain card holders report they still get a 3 mos gli and others like me today are told that it's now only available every six mos.

FICOS:
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

I wonder if you get one last shot at three months and then it becomes six months. I stopped asking when I got to $3.7K in December. Then I got the Macy's Visa invite in May. When I took it in June that turned out to be another $4K in one drop. Considering the fact that I have not charged anything on my store account for almost a year I am not planning on asking for a GLI anytime soon.
Frequent Contributor
writemikep

I just GLI'ed and am up to $2400, which is enough (for now!) to purchase furniture and/or mattress set from them, but I'm gonna request again in.... Jan (???? I guess).
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

writemikep wrote:
I just GLI'ed and am up to $2400, which is enough (for now!) to purchase furniture and/or mattress set from them, but I'm gonna request again in.... Jan (???? I guess).

If you do this you are going to want a major purchase account (a separate account/TL) for the 0% APR deals.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}