Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

malware alertson Amex website?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

malware alertson Amex website?

I was trying to log in to check my card today, and Avast is popping up a threat detection alert when I visit the site, and then blocks the site.

I've run several scans on my computer and have found nothing maicious on my end. Has anyone else been seeing this?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: malware alertson Amex website?

Just did some more research on it. It seems that other people are seeing these alerts. Not sure if it is a false positive or not though.

I guess time will tell.

Message 2 of 10
adelphi_sky
Frequent Contributor

Amex was down breifly this afternoon. It could all be related. 

Message 3 of 10
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

Same thing happened to me this morning when I went to check my Amex accounts. Had to disable Avast to get the side to load.

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still getting the malware alert at 1254am eastern time. Tweeted Amex but they won't see it until tomorrow. 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

DH's Plat was compromised today. Got a text that someone tried to charge Zoosk to it. When he talked to them, they said there was a $1.00 uber charge, then later the Zoosk which they evidently put together somehow as not in line with his habits. 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was getting "connection reset" on my T-Mobile, as well as home internet (local fiber), but through my work's Centurylink fiber it loaded just fine.

However, I was able to get in finally by trying online.americanexpress.com I think. After I connected to that the main URL worked fine.

Message 7 of 10
Chickenpotpie
Frequent Contributor

em wRe: malware alertson Amex website?

I asked them about the problem when I discovered it early Friday.  So apparently if you've updated Avast antivirus, you might have problems.  According to their facebook page its a false positive. They had some extremely high call volumes today, took forever to speak to someone.

Message 8 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

DH's Plat was compromised today. Got a text that someone tried to charge Zoosk to it. When he talked to them, they said there was a $1.00 uber charge, then later the Zoosk which they evidently put together somehow as not in line with his habits. 

Nice that they caught it and appreared to be on top of it.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It appears that there may have been some algorhythm updates on the Amex website. This threw a red flag for Avast. Other security sites also raised an eyebrow.

From what I can tell the Amex site was secure, but their updates drew suspicion.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.