Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

merrick bank card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

merrick bank card

Anyone have a backdoor number for merrick bank about getting a cl increase? Also has anyone had any luck with them with a increase?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Re: merrick bank card

I've had both Merrick regular and Merrick-H (Hooters) and I've never, ever, had any luck getting them to grant a CLI.  They do grant them regularly on their own, though.  If you have any luck, let us know how you did it.  I'd like a CLI from them but they just say they'll put a note on my account so that next time it's reviewed, they'll know I want an increase.  They told me this a long time ago and there was no CLI so I'm guessing they just told me that to get me off the phone or the note makes no difference.

Valued Member

I have had two Auto CLI with them and both times, I had paid my account in Full and basically within a week I was given a CLI.  The first went from $500 to $900 and just this week I was auto CLI to $1,100.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

good to hear, mine started at 1100 but havent seen anything yet

Message 4 of 6
soliloquy
Regular Contributor

They have given me 3 CLI. My available is not 3100.00. I don't even use the card because the interest rate is so horrible. I just use it to buy something small occasionally then I pay it off right away. But, I can't close the card because it's my oldest account. :/Quote

Message 5 of 6
tcbofade
Super Contributor

We have two accounts with Merrick.

Both APR's are high.

No, they don't grant CLI when you call them.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I do have quite a balance on one of them, and I've noticed that paying a big chunk against it generally results in a CLI.

YMMV of course.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.