Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

midcycle update from to citibank to the CRAs

tag
oracles
Valued Contributor

midcycle update from to citibank to the CRAs

Does anyone know how to get citibank to do a midcycle update to the credit reporting agencies instead of having to wait for the statement to close?

Thanks

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
ILBrian
Regular Contributor

Re: midcycle update from to citibank to the CRAs

Call the number on the back of the card (must be a personal line not business line) Insist that you need the CRA's updated immediately for xyz reason, they will push that it will automatically update on the statement date and insist on a manual update because its urgent... Recently did this with some large balance pay offs with citi
Wallet: Discover IT, Discover Gas, Citi Professional (6.74% apr), Chase Freedom, Cap1 Quciksilver, Élan Financial Rewards, BOA Amex, Walmart, CareCredit, Paypal Smart Connect, Kohls, HSBC Cash or Fly, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex Zync, Amex Blue Cash Preferred, USAA Plat Rewards, Chase Ink, NFCU Plat
Message 2 of 11
oracles
Valued Contributor

Thanks, what was the reason you gave and I am assuming it worked? Do I need to speak to a supervisor or will the front line rep be able to do it?
Message 3 of 11
ILBrian
Regular Contributor

Front line rep was able to do it, I said that I was applying for a loan product and the bank requested i have my balances updated immediately which was partially true Smiley Tongue I had actually already refinanced some debt and didn't want the debt "double posting" Updated on EQ at least within 2 days of my call
Wallet: Discover IT, Discover Gas, Citi Professional (6.74% apr), Chase Freedom, Cap1 Quciksilver, Élan Financial Rewards, BOA Amex, Walmart, CareCredit, Paypal Smart Connect, Kohls, HSBC Cash or Fly, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex Zync, Amex Blue Cash Preferred, USAA Plat Rewards, Chase Ink, NFCU Plat
Message 4 of 11
oracles
Valued Contributor

Wow awesome and how long did it take to update on Ex and Tu?
Message 5 of 11
ILBrian
Regular Contributor

haven't pulled either of them yet i'm sure they are updated already
Message 6 of 11
oracles
Valued Contributor

Thanks so much for your help, I will do this tomorrow. Hope i will get a frontline rep that will do it.
Message 7 of 11
ILBrian
Regular Contributor

Just be sure to be pushy, I believe that they are told to "steer" away the manual update and if they try and tell you they don't do it mention you have had to do it before and know it can be done
Message 8 of 11
oracles
Valued Contributor

Definitely will do and I will update with what happen

Thanks again
Message 9 of 11
Topher227
Established Member

Wonder if this will work for Chase as well. They delayed my payment by a day and caused my statement to cut with a huge balance. It increased my UTIL by like 20%.... dropped my CK score 60 points..........

April 2011 -- EQ: 593, EX: 603, TU: 619
April 2012 -- EQ: 699, EX: ???, TU: 714
May 2012 -- MyFico EQ: 743
July 2012 -- MyFico EQ: 760!!!
Wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: $5K CL, AMEX BCP: 1k CL, Chase Freedom: 3k CL, Sams Club Private Label: $5k CL, BofA 1-2-3: 5k CL
Sock Drawer: Cap1 Platinum, 1FBUSA
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.