cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

military man trying to join the amex family.questions,advice,help.

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: military man trying to join the amex family.questions,advice,help.

You can call... 

do you have access to mail, fax, or scanner in case they need you to send in docs, such as a copy of your military ID?

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 91 of 102
LS2982
Mega Contributor

DOOOOOOIIIIIIEEEEEEETTTTTTT!!!!!!!!

Your good for the PRG, go get your AMEX!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 92 of 102
mojobones89
Contributor

Fuuuuuh,phone or online?
Message 93 of 102
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@mojobones89 wrote:
Fuuuuuh,phone or online?

Do it online and post your approval page!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 94 of 102
mojobones89
Contributor

Like i keep telling everyone is that my older score keeps showing,lower and higher utl. Im screwed if they pull that one if not my most recent paid off in full accounts.
Message 95 of 102
mojobones89
Contributor

Not at the moment,i wont be back into town from training in about a month.
Message 96 of 102
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@mojobones89 wrote:
Not at the moment,i wont be back into town from training in about a month.

Just an FYI if you hit the "Quote" button on the top right of the box you can quote someone on your replys. Smiley Happy

ficoimg.png

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 97 of 102
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@mojobones89 wrote:
I decided not to pull the trigger,something kept telling me i would get declined.i even drempt that I i got declined...lol so i will take that as a sign of not too apply just yet.although you guys gave me good motivation(which btw im still thinking about it.) I want too so bad but idk how i would take a negative for am answer,id be heartbroken with another hard inquiry.webhopper,you said that you had 18 hard inq,was that in between all three bureues or just through experian alone?

Mojo

You are just like I was thinking every possible reason why I might be denied for approval.I couldn't apply because I wanted to wait till my move took place from one state to my new home. I just knew I was going to be denied.My scores were about 692 and even that in my mind was not going to be good enough. I felt that way mostly because I wanted this particular card so much. This is what I can tell you........don't stress!! Your scores and credit history is higher than 50+% than most people that apply for NFCU credit products. I can't give you advice on Amex because I have a negative history with them that must be cleared up before I have any chance of getting them back, but Navy federal is a shoe in for you. I advice you to app online because more than likely you will be INSTANTLY approved with your scores and history. If not instantly approved,just recon it and you'll get it. I was instantly approved despite having a current 7 year old collection on my report.Btw, that collection, is reporting as if it's a two year old collection which can be a HUGE barrier for successful credit approval,not to mention instant approvals. But with Navy Federal they will "grade on a curve" because you are a military connected customer=they are less hard*** about scores.Oh, another btw, last month I did not focus on keeping my utlilization low as most months because I've been busy moving to a different state,adjusting to being in another state,college course work coming at me like multi-gun fire and ect ect ect reasons. In any case, my utl was at 90% and scores dropped to 617EQ, and I was still approved INSTANTLY for $7K. Had the following week's utl been reported after paying off my credit cards, my new credit limit would have been some where between $10K-$14K.  Sorry about the long post, just wanted you to know that you allready have more than enough to get a PHAT limit.Again, be prepared for a high limit if you call in or apply online.After getting membership and savings account, you more than likely will receive a Pre-Approval for cc.Use it because it will be a short form application. Enough said!

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 98 of 102
mojobones89
Contributor

Sorry,im on my phone,i can't see the quote button
Message 99 of 102
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

You can call... 

do you have access to mail, fax, or scanner in case they need you to send in docs, such as a copy of your military ID?

Several of these lenders that work primarily with military personel have the type of data base system which allows them to look up a person's military information, even new customers.Might have to send in docs after being accepted.I recommended that my brother-inlaw apply for USAA and they accepted him over the phone and they were able to look up his military numbers online.He is new to USAA. Sad part is...........I can't get in(: I can only use their credit products(not all) but no insurance. Well, at least I can get into Penfed because my brother inlaw was in the military.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 100 of 102
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.