Contributor
mojobones89

Re: military man trying to join the amex family.questions,advice,help.

Daaang nice,being prior member most likely helped your chances of getting approved? Like i was telling myjounrey is that my furniture loan along with my discover cc in december,idk if they are still too young?i just dont wanna yet another inquiry and hurt.my score....i applied for the prg last year but my ult was 27% ,that i had to many inq and my aaoa was to young.
CraftyProcrastinator

"I have herd that the charge cards are easier to obtain than the revolvers...i have my eyes on the gold prg.if i get that i will use that for as my debit for my bills so i can get that 3X increase on the 61th day."

3x increase does not apply to their charge cards, they do not have a pre set limit :cathappy:

22 year old college student
Current Cards:
AMEX BCE 5.8k, AMEX Gold NPSL, AMEX Costco TrueEarnings 2k, BOFA Bankamericard Travel Rewards 4.5k, Discover IT 2.5k, Chase Freedom 4.1k, Kay 4.5k
Contributor
mojobones89

Ikr,damn ima need one too
Contributor
mojobones89

Whaaaat seriously?so i have been given the wrong information,wow thank you.so if i end up getting cl of 2,000 then im sol?
Contributor
mojobones89

What do you mean you app every 6 months?for amex?
Btw what does your score/credit look like?
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

[ Edited ]

mojobones89 wrote:
What do you mean you app every 6 months?for amex?
Btw what does your score/credit look like?

Every 6 months I pick 3 new cards I want and go after them 675-682 My last app spree hit

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

PRG does not have a limit... the limit is predetermined and flexible. Ive spent as much as 5700 on a charge card in one month with no issues.

Just have to pay it in full...

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
CraftyProcrastinator

No, the green, gold, gold prg, and platinum have no pre set limit, meaning no limit reports. You can charge as much as they allow you to, but you must pay it off each month. They do have an internal limit, that is based on your spending, but will increase to accommodate your spending patterns. 

22 year old college student
Current Cards:
AMEX BCE 5.8k, AMEX Gold NPSL, AMEX Costco TrueEarnings 2k, BOFA Bankamericard Travel Rewards 4.5k, Discover IT 2.5k, Chase Freedom 4.1k, Kay 4.5k
Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

You can use a check spending ability button to see if a larger charge will go through

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

I'm going back to the garden Yall given me the itch.....Help

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}