Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

minimum discovery card credit limit

tag
Lpbelleza27
Valued Member

minimum discovery card credit limit

I would like to apply for discovery credit card. Will i be approve despite of just buying a house? I have the pre appprove letter but I dont know if i still will be able to get approve coz of the house. If yes, Do anyone knows the estimate of their credit limit?? My equifax is 673. Thank you.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: minimum discovery card credit limit

Welcome to the forum need more info about your profile

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 11
Lpbelleza27
Valued Member

What additional info needed?

Message 3 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Lpbelleza27 wrote:

I would like to apply for discovery credit card. Will i be approve despite of just buying a house? I have the pre appprove letter but I dont know if i still will be able to get approve coz of the house. If yes, Do anyone knows the estimate of their credit limit?? My equifax is 673. Thank you.

Buying the house will actually probably help with your approval with Discover.

They tend to be a little more conservative with lines of credit but minimum is $500.  Not sure what other credit you have but you should be good for decent approval if pre-approved.  Don't worry if you get message to call, do it then... they just need to verify you, that means approved!

Message 4 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Lpbelleza27 wrote:

What additional info needed?

Welcome to the forums!!

We need to know what your credit reports look like:

Any negatives?

Inquiries?

How many cc accounts open?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 11
Lpbelleza27
Valued Member

I am hoping to find a credit card that will give me 7-10k credit line. 

I have a bank of america card, citi, and other store cards (macys, besy buy). The most line i have is 6k. I have 3 hard inquiries this past months due to getting a preapproval for the house. Other than that I dont have any late payments or negatives in my credit hx . 

Discovery only gves $500, that will help me then Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Lpbelleza27 wrote:

I am hoping to find a credit card that will give me 7-10k credit line. 

I have a bank of america card, citi, and other store cards (macys, besy buy). The most line i have is 6k. I have 3 hard inquiries this past months due to getting a preapproval for the house. Other than that I dont have any late payments or negatives in my credit hx . 

Discovery only gves $500, that will help me then Smiley Sad

MINIMUM is $500.  They go up to $50,000 I believe.

Won't hurt to apply if you only have 3 INQ and no negatives and a pre-approval... they are itching to give you a card.

Message 7 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

I would say your odds of approval are good but no one can guess at what limit they would put on it 

Hope this helps

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Might be best to wait it out for 6 months then go for It!! Better CL could come from It!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 11
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

Did you buy the house yet or did you just get pre-approved?  If it is a pre-approval and you are going to be closing within the next 6 months, you do not want to get a new credit card.  Wait until after the closing to do so.  If you have already closed, your chances are good for getting a Discover credit card approval.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.