Regular Contributor

minimum score for unsecured card??

On average what is the minimum score to get a good un secured credit card not a "bad credit" through orchard but a good card like through captial one?  Anyone have any suggestions on cards?  

I am currently at 639 - 605 - 617 

Thank you all 

Valued Contributor

Re: minimum score for unsecured card??

do you have any credit history or will this be your first cc?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Senior Contributor

turts14 wrote:

On average what is the minimum score to get a good un secured credit card not a "bad credit" through orchard but a good card like through captial one?  Anyone have any suggestions on cards?  

I am currently at 639 - 605 - 617 

Thank you all 

I suggest you try the Capital One pre-qualifiication and see what they offer.    You have a good chance of getting approved on whatever they offer.  If they only offer the secured card, that is worth getting since it can help get a better card with them in the future.

Frequent Contributor

NFCU may be a good choice card they approve people with high 500 scores and if your 639 is with EQ and if you have at least a year of credit i would say try for a Chase Freedom Card.

FICO
Equifax - 776 (01/15)
Experian - 789 (12/14)
Transunion - 769 (02/15)
Regular Contributor

Not trying to.jump your thread but

I've had a secured card with capital one for a year. I've always paid on time. I've only seen my credit.jump ten points. Should I try to get another cc? Thanks
Established Contributor

[ Edited ]

OP, my scores were about the same as yours when I apped for a BOA Rewards card, I was denied for it, but countered the same card only partially secured 99/500.  I had no revolving credit accounts at that time.  But that card is only available through counter offer, you can not directly apply.  But it's a great card, 1% cash back on all purchases, 2% on groceries and 3% on gas.  Plus it will graduate in 9-12 months to an unsecured card.  Might be worth a shot to see if they would counter it to you if you don't mind the inquiry.  They pulled EX, I'm in Texas

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Regular Contributor

Where can I sign up for that card?
Established Contributor

Here is where I applied    Bank of America

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Regular Contributor

Thanks
Regular Contributor

I see three, i'm guessing its boa cash rewards?
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.