Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missed cut date,should i wait now

tag
longclimbback
Regular Contributor

missed cut date,should i wait now

I have been on a mission to raise my limits for the last month. I had lots of useful advise from a earlier thread I started. The short story- tu 817, equifax 750, exp probably the same as tu. Started with cards c1 $5000,boa $5000, Lowes $250, and HSBC $700.I got c1 to $10000, Lowes to $5000,and HSBC to $5000. I was going to go for boa now to try for $10000 but I missed the c1 cutoff date by 1 day and $4200 is reporting. All others show $0. Should I now wait until next month to try boa or do it anyways. Boa is offering 0% BT. I could use that as my reason to ask for the CLI. If I check my tu report, what is the minimum score threshold I should have to CLI boa? I make $ 70 k and live in NY. The boa card is 6 years old, heavy use, always pif. I want boa to match c1 limit or hopefully go higher. Should I wait or go for it?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: missed cut date,should i wait now

Really it's going to depend on your score. Ther are obviously going to know that you paid the bill.  It's just going to be if 80% on that card is going to knock your score down to much.  Is the 10K capone reporting?  If not I'd really wait for that limit to hit your reports to give them something to match.  The ole I'm going to use the capone becuase it has more room is rather effective.

Message 2 of 5
longclimbback
Regular Contributor

Yeah all the new limits are reporting now. My tu fico was 817 according to the Lowes CLI. With the $4200/$10000 reporting , I'm sure it went down. If I check my score, what's the minimum score I should shoot for before I pull the trigger, considering my other info.
Message 3 of 5
longclimbback
Regular Contributor

I just checked my tu fico as I'd really like to CLI BOA now and not wait a month. Tu fico is 797 with 42% on my C1 card  and 17% overall. 1 inquiry reporting. I already paid off the c1 card  but it doesn't show up on my report as being paid of course. So what do the experts think. CLI now or wait a month?

Message 4 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

@longclimbback wrote:

I just checked my tu fico as I'd really like to CLI BOA now and not wait a month. Tu fico is 797 with 42% on my C1 card  and 17% overall. 1 inquiry reporting. I already paid off the c1 card  but it doesn't show up on my report as being paid of course. So what do the experts think. CLI now or wait a month?

Wait for update it won't be that long

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.