missing the app high lol

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: missing the app high lol

@baller4life wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

You get over it, in time.

Can't tie our self-esteem to "Congratulations! You've been approved", LOL!

I agree 1000%

Like most things in life, getting there is half the fun.  

Always enjoy the journey and process more than the results.  Once goals are reached, things become sort of anti-climactic.  App'ing, getting approved, and receiving a brand new card in the mail never gets old.

Message 11 of 15
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@jaraico wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

You get over it, in time.

Can't tie our self-esteem to "Congratulations! You've been approved", LOL!

no way! im a very hot woman chaaaaaaao lol

It's called self-esteem. That's esteem of your self, LOL!

Needing a credit card company (or stuff) to feel pretty means we're stuck in an endless cycle.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 15
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@jaraico wrote:

theres no cards out there i want right now, and i plan on refinancing my car in 6 months

but im missing that "congratulations you have been approved" message high

does anyone else get a rush from being approved? lol

You need to set a new goal, like getting your credit score to 800+ and all your accounts age! That's what I did and I don't even think about app'ing

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 13 of 15
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yep! Great plan
Message 14 of 15
hot4u
Established Contributor

Going thru withdraws myself since accomplished higher scores and Amex's... Smiley Indifferent

What's helping me now is waiting on Amex backdating to show on my reports. That can take Months...

Thats why I left them for last.

Almost pulled trigger for a 3rd revolver in same week i got both.. That was my sign I was going thru withdraws...

Looking back...Have no regrets except paying cash for everything did hurt my scores alot.

I even got the Barclay's Arrival as a test ( no) that was not smart to see if they CLD me after the Amex's

Enough is enough..

Time to read and change my Goals..

Thank You

My Fico Buds...

Surf Time

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.