Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

more credit card help?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

more credit card help?

Hi,

I wanted to improve my score, I know if I open new account or have many inquiries will hurt my score in short term.

RIght now I only have 1 secured credit card with capital one.  I wanted a store card but when I apply I was denied by khole, macy, searc etc..all denied. I cant even get an unsecured card right now dont know why.

My question is should I get another secured card? if so would i get another capital one or should I just increase my credit line? what is best secured card out there byside capital one?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: more credit card help?

How many apps have you done in the past year, and with whom?

Message 2 of 12
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

How old is your secured card? Whats your report like?
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have many app macy, sear, khole, barclay CC, DCU auto loan, DCU CC, BOA, a lot within this year.

Message 4 of 12
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:
How old is your secured card? Whats your report like?

Check out rebuild. The OP's facing a repo/co, and CA.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The card is open since may this year so it only been 4 months, i paid off 0 balance in 2 months and the rest with very little balance but my ulitlzation is  under 30% and my balance under 9%..reported is good to all 3 CRA

Message 6 of 12
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

You've got too many pulls, on top of baddies. You're looking desperate for credit. Good rule of thumb, two strikes, and you're out...on apps.

Others will recommend a possible secured card for you, but stop apping for now. Those hard pulls are bringing you down.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know i did stop pulling I will wait for another year.

You think i should get additional capital one secured card or just increase my line? if i do get additional secured card what is best one beside capital one?

Message 8 of 12
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know i did stop pulling I will wait for another year.

You think i should get additional capital one secured card or just increase my line? if i do get additional secured card what is best one beside capital one?

When I did my rebuild, I jumped the gun, and tried adding cards, while having a lot of bad things weighing me down. I got lucky, but took some denials as I tried, just like you. I did this to "dilute" the bad, by adding "good," while working on removing the "bad," so I could cut down my rebuild time. Works for some, doesn't work for everyone though.

I'm only experienced with the First Progress card, but I'm sure there are better options out there now. Others will add to this, so just wait for replies. Most likely by tomorrow afternoon.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I am in your shoe before so you should understand how I feel now. You are right, I am trying to hard to get rid of my bad and trying to add the good at the same time. I cant be patient but I have too I guess.

Ill look up first progress.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.