Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

most bankruptcy friendly CC

tag
jwright343
New Contributor

most bankruptcy friendly CC

Ok folks, I was just able to retrieve and go through my BK paperwork.  It appears I had both Citi and Discover included.  My BK was in 10/05 so I'm 8.5 years post BK.  Being that they are both prime cards, I'd like to have at least one, if not both of them again.  Which one is more likely to approve me again AND have a higher CL.  My scores are low 700s.  Thanks.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: most bankruptcy friendly CC

@jwright343 wrote:

Ok folks, I was just able to retrieve and go through my BK paperwork.  It appears I had both Citi and Discover included.  My BK was in 10/05 so I'm 8.5 years post BK.  Being that they are both prime cards, I'd like to have at least one, if not both of them again.  Which one is more likely to approve me again AND have a higher CL.  My scores are low 700s.  Thanks.  

Discover!

but check the pre-qual for both of them.

Message 2 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I would not bother with Citi,  I IIB them in 1996 for 18K and am still on the BL. I read another thread yesterday that someone is SOL 24 years after IIB them. Some can get back in but it isn't likely to happen till 10 yrs+ post IIB. I wasted 2 HPs on Citi in Nov and reconned it all the way to the EO, no dice, "pay off what you owe us or no card". LOL, ya right Im going to hand you what was IIB, get real. There are plenty of great issuers and Citi is not one of them they are now on my perm BL.

Message 3 of 6
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@jwright343 wrote:

I would say it depends on how much you burned them for. Because Discover is so conservative in the first place, they're more forgiving. For Citi, as mentioned, if you're willing to pay for the money you owe them in BK, they'll let you in much quicker than Discover and even give you nice limits all over again. IT depnds on why you need them and what's your purpose for the cards. 

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 4 of 6
Justrebuilding
Regular Contributor

I appd for Discover last year and the only reason for denial on the letter was BK. I've never had a card with them before. So I personally have not found then to be BK friendly but of course YMMV

Chase Sapphire Reserve 10k Cap 1 QS 15K, Cap 1 QS 5K, Cap 1 QS 4K, Cap 1 QS 4K, GE Care Cr 7K NFCU Cash Rewards 10K Walmart 1.3K NavCheck 5K Freedom 6K Freedom 2.5K Hyatt 4K Sallie Mae 5K Barclay Rewards 3K Macy's 1K
US Airways 1.5K, Discover 8K,
Message 5 of 6
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Justrebuilding wrote:
I appd for Discover last year and the only reason for denial on the letter was BK. I've never had a card with them before. So I personally have not found then to be BK friendly but of course YMMV

sorry about the denial Smiley Sad

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.