Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

most expensive CC to get

tag
beb86
Valued Contributor

most expensive CC to get

I just received my amex optima card and it got me thinking this is the most expensive cc out there. Sure the AF is only $49 dollars but I had to pay close to $3000 on my CO to get it. I even think the min CO required is $500 which is higher than the AF for the platinum card. It is also exclusive haha. Will it be worth it to get back into good graces....I hope so. Anyone else who has this card feel free to add your "cost to get the optima" below
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

Re: most expensive CC to get

Based on the senario you outlined, the Amex Centurion (Black card) is still more expensive to get  ($5,000 initiation fee + $2,500 annual fee). You'd have to pay a CO balance of more than $7,451 to get an Optima, before the Centurion was less expensive.

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, Cent is still more.

Message 3 of 22
MrShush
Valued Contributor

If memory serves me, isn't/wasn't US Bank Stratus Rewards $7500? Wait, maybe it was $1500 :x
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrShush wrote:
If memory serves me, isn't/wasn't US Bank Stratus Rewards $7500? Wait, maybe it was $1500 :x

1500. I remember that card earning hours on a private jet over points/cash back. Wonder what happened to them.

Message 5 of 22
Ron1
Super Contributor

@MrShush wrote:

It has $1500 AF. What happened to the card? 

link:

http://creditcardforum.com/visa-mastercard/127-stratus-rewards-visa-card-u-s-bank.html

Ron.

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ron1 wrote:

@MrShush wrote:

It has $1500 AF. What happened to the card? 

link:

http://creditcardforum.com/visa-mastercard/127-stratus-rewards-visa-card-u-s-bank.html

Ron.

Its coming back. I asked them a few months ago and got this:

Dear Mr.,

Thank you for your interest, we are delighted to update you with information on the upcoming launch of Stratus White.  Stratus White is a new standard in personal lifestyle and card services for the global High Net Worth community.  Launching in 2012 with a core of influential Founder Members by invitation and partner nomination, Stratus White is a discreet, elite member & partner community dedicated to anticipating, the discerning, personal lifestyle needs of the affluent community.

At the moment we are closed to new US memberships while we prepare for our European launch.   You have been placed on our priority registry for US memberships when they become available.  We receive regular unsolicited requests for Stratus Membership which tells us the US credit card industry, while oversaturated with options and promises, is not providing what affluent customers want.  We believe the refinements we are making to Stratus White for our European program will make us even more valuable to the US member. 

Yours sincerely,

Brent

Brent

President

Stratus White 

Message 7 of 22
beb86
Valued Contributor

Yes the cent is more and I'm sure there are more that are more expensive I just found humor in the true cost of this card
Message 8 of 22
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Nice !!  Glad to hear that white cards will still be perceived as elite ~ there's hope for my ZYNC card yet !!

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 9 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

This thread was not what I was expecting... I would not say paying bad debt counts as the most expensive card to get!

I had not heard about that USBank card but why would you want to spend $200k to get 1 hour of flying? That sounds like terrible rewards and in addition How in the world do you get a limit of anything close to that with USBank? I rather have Centurion Amex!

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.