Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple credit cards

tag
Creditrecipe
New Contributor

multiple credit cards

So one of my buddies went to one of those companies who apply for mutiple credit cards. He had excellent credit, 720 across the board and a 10k limit card for over three years. Does anyone know how they manage to pull off 6 credit cards at once?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: multiple credit cards

Well depending on how thick their report is, they will be able to apply for quite a bit before being declined.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 8
Creditrecipe
New Contributor

ok, do you think they are clicking the submit buttons all at once / private browsers of just know which banks pull what credit report in what state and apply for one bureau at a time. 

He had 3+ yrs on chase 11k limit, 4+ discover 3k limit, 9k BOA 4+ years and misc car loans in last 7 years.

Message 3 of 8
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

For which bank pulls whom thats not a secret but it helps though. Because you can spread those inqs across the bureaus. As for private browsers and such no it wouldnt matter nor if they hit the submit button at once either, mainly because once you hit that button that inq is basically instant. So it sounds like your friend has a thick report to where they could qualify for a few cards.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 4 of 8
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

He used a company that applied for him?? or it prequalifies him for the cards and then he accepts?

Message 5 of 8
Creditrecipe
New Contributor

I was reading somewhere on the form that people use two seperate browsers to apply in private mode and that way it hit at the same time so the next banks did not see the inquiries. It could have been on flyertalk.com for those trying to get as many flyer points as possible though.

No, the company basically applied for him and he got the cards in the mail. I believe he paid them a back end fee once he recieved the cards. 

Message 6 of 8
H14
Contributor

@Creditrecipe wrote:

I was reading somewhere on the form that people use two seperate browsers to apply in private mode and that way it hit at the same time so the next banks did not see the inquiries. It could have been on flyertalk.com for those trying to get as many flyer points as possible though.

No, the company basically applied for him and he got the cards in the mail. I believe he paid them a back end fee once he recieved the cards. 

I am confused why he did not just do the apps himself and save the fee? There is nothing really special about submitting 6 apps in a short time frame.

Message 7 of 8
js0319
Established Contributor

720 is more in the "good" credit range, rather than "excellent". 

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.