cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my EQ is too clean.. What cards absolutely pull EQ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: my EQ is too clean.. What cards absolutely pull EQ?

@chalupaman wrote:

I know Penfed usually pulls EQ though they are pretty conservative with their UW.

Yup I can agree they pull EQ, I had 3 INQ on EQ and was given $13.5k   my EQ was 675

Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@patrick00032001 wrote:

I will tell you, GTE Financial has one of the lowest rate credit cards I have seen, 6.99% is their lowest rate with an Equifax Beacon 5.0 score of 770 or higher, I got 8.99% with a credit score of 710 back in 2012, USAA is technically a military bank, if you have served or maybe have a parent who has, you can join, or join through them once they join, they have some of the best credit cards, insurance, ect...., they also pull Equifax Beacon 5.0 scores as well. They used to be open to non millitary members, with partial access to credit products, such as credit cards, with much higher rates than full members.

Security Service FCU has 6.49% Smiley Wink

Message 22 of 23
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

I am not a citizen at all.. so i can't join the military so i can't have any usaa card i guess

question is .. if i can open a checking with DCU.. mmmm...

My guess is that PenFed might be out of bounds as well.

I faced the "temp resident" problem with NASA FCU too. 

If you're not a citizen, and you try to get into any of these CUs, you might risk the chance of losing that membership fee without getting an actual credit card. 

In case of these CUs, if you're not a permanent US resident or a citizen of the US, my best bet is to walk in and talk to a banker instead of online applications. 

My hunch is especially because these CUs grant huge lines, they might be wary of extending it to temp residents. Of course YMMV.

@chalupaman wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:
So I heard opening a DCU checking will get free EQ fico right? But they will hard pull me?

Yes that will be a HP. All you need is the checking account to see your FICO. I like how with Penfed they will continue to use the same HP for their other products for a while.

And UW = underwriting.

I did not get an HP on EQ for DCU membership. I've read here that it's almost 100% that they do a HP. However, on my EQ CR, I don't find their name. The 4 HPs I have are more than a year old and from other lenders. 

Again, YMMV. And yes, I get their monthly EQ FICO scores. And I don't have any credit line with them. Not the best cards out there. 

I went to DCU and get the membership today..  I told them that I am not a citizen.. The banker asked if i had a ssn.. i do, and she said then she can do it..

I have to open a saving though.. (so now i got a checking and a saving and have to keep $5 in the saving which does not show in my balance)

they hard pull me and it's 729.. lower than i expected.. and this score is like when chase and amex didn't report yet.. once they reported, I am sure it will be worse.. >.<

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.