cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my HHB/HSBC/Cap1 rebuilder turns 10.

tag
mrmopkins

my HHB/HSBC/Cap1 rebuilder turns 10.

In 10/02 I got a pre-approved offer for a Household Bank MasterCard.  It was about 18mos after my bankruptcy, and I got a 500CL.  After 2 statements, I got a note in the mail saying HSBC was buying Household Bank, and my CL was being raised to 635, where it remained...for 9 years.  Granted, I never asked for an increase, and I kept the card nearly maxed for years on end, and paid late twice about 5 years ago.  It has a 59AF and no rewards, but I don't mind, considering it is 5 years older than my next-oldest account.

About 2 years ago I paid the balance in full, and put it in the sock drawer.  6 months ago I got a random email saying my CL had been raised to 835.  I spoke with a CSR requesting a higher limit, but was told several times to call in 6 mos.  During that time Cap1 has taken over my account, but I called the same number I always had and spoke to a CSR, who asked my annual income, told me my credit would be looked at (it wasn't) and approved me for another 200CLI and told me I'd be eligible for another increase in 6 mos.  Although I don't really need the card anymore, it helps with my utilization, and I'm curious what Cap1 will do with it.  Any ideas?

Starting Score: 595
Current Score: EX 647 TU 610
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: my HHB/HSBC/Cap1 rebuilder turns 10.

They'll do you like everyone else.....

NO SOUP (CLI) FOR YOU!!!!!

is keep it in the SD and get a prime card!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.