Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my chase cards....

tag
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

my chase cards....

this is a 2 part question:

1. does it help if i invest with chase. i am buying a bunch of stocks over the next few months and i recently open a chase investment account. so will this help with future CLI's?

and 2. when i hit my 13 month with the freedom should i convert it to a mastercard since my United and CSP are both visa siggys? and do they offer a world elite freedom?

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

Re: my chase cards....

I'm interested in the answer to the second question as well.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 2 of 16
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

1. does it help if i invest with chase. i am buying a bunch of stocks over the next few months and i recently open a chase investment account. so will this help with future CLI's?

and 2. when i hit my 13 month with the freedom should i convert it to a mastercard since my United and CSP are both visa siggys? and do they offer a world elite freedom?

1.  If you have a bunch of money with a FI, I'd guess they could take the extra assets into account for when you want to apply for a CLI.  It'd have to be something pretty substantial for them to be impressed though.  

2.  I doubt you'll see much benefit in converting to MC.  From what I can see, World is the highest they go.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 3 of 16
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

I was thinking since I had two visa siggys why not convert to a MC. The visa lines went down at my job one day and I couldn't buy anything
AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Message 4 of 16
hardworkrebuilding
Regular Contributor

Changing your Freedom from Visa to MC is easy. Just call the number on the back of your card and the CSR can handle it right then. I did it with my Freedom. I explained when I had applied I was told Visa was what was approved. I didn't have a MC at that time and told the CSR I didn't want to apply for anoyther card. She handled it right then.

FICO 750+ on each CRA - 6 cards for a total CL of $222,900
Gardening since 9/11/2016 for a goal of 2 years
Message 5 of 16
KS13
Established Member

@hardworkrebuilding wrote:

Changing your Freedom from Visa to MC is easy. Just call the number on the back of your card and the CSR can handle it right then. I did it with my Freedom. I explained when I had applied I was told Visa was what was approved. I didn't have a MC at that time and told the CSR I didn't want to apply for anoyther card. She handled it right then.

Yes but wouldn't changing it from Visa to MasterCard change the card number as well (MC usually starts with 5401, while Visa starts with 4) ? And how would that work with the credit bearues and reports which list the last 4 digits of the card number? 

Message 6 of 16
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

I forgot where the other post went, but I read recently that Chase does not to world, let alone world elite, for the Freedom card. The only flavors are Visa, Visa Siggy, and Mastercard.

Message 7 of 16
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

ok so i called the number on the back of my card and got no where. i sent a message thru the online accounts and i got a 10-14 day waiting to see if it can be done. 

I am also going to buy a few shares of JPM to see if i invest in the bank it self will it help with CLI's

Message 8 of 16
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

I forgot where the other post went, but I read recently that Chase does not to world, let alone world elite, for the Freedom card. The only flavors are Visa, Visa Siggy, and Mastercard.

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

I seen a World MC Freedom. AFAIK there is no World Elite MC for the Freedom. 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 9 of 16
android01
Valued Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

ok so i called the number on the back of my card and got no where. i sent a message thru the online accounts and i got a 10-14 day waiting to see if it can be done. 

I am also going to buy a few shares of JPM to see if i invest in the bank it self will it help with CLI's

Afbar,

First - any CLI on a credit card will likely be computer approved or denied.  Whether or not Chase's computers take into consideration other relationships within other parts of the organization is anyone's guess - particularly if that relationship is small or new.  

Second - I can gurantee that stock ownership in JPM will make no difference at all as far as CLI on a credit card is concerned.  I'd be facinated to hear about anyone using stock ownership in any financial institution during the recon of a denied app or CLI, and if it was successful as a result!  Smiley Very Happy Stock ownership does not mean that someone has the criteria they use to determine credit worthiness.

Third - From an investment standpoint, JPM is a fully valued stock at current levels.  If it goes back to the mid 30's, then pull the trigger. Smiley Wink  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.