Did you mean: 

my chase cards....

tag
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: my chase cards....

@android01 wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

ok so i called the number on the back of my card and got no where. i sent a message thru the online accounts and i got a 10-14 day waiting to see if it can be done. 

I am also going to buy a few shares of JPM to see if i invest in the bank it self will it help with CLI's

Afbar,

First - any CLI on a credit card will likely be computer approved or denied.  Whether or not Chase's computers take into consideration other relationships within other parts of the organization is anyone's guess - particularly if that relationship is small or new.  

Second - I can gurantee that stock ownership in JPM will make no difference at all as far as CLI on a credit card is concerned.  I'd be facinated to hear about anyone using stock ownership in any financial institution during the recon of a denied app or CLI, and if it was successful as a result!  Smiley Very Happy Stock ownership does not mean that someone has the criteria they use to determine credit worthiness.

Third - From an investment standpoint, JPM is a fully valued stock at current levels.  If it goes back to the mid 30's, then pull the trigger. Smiley Wink  

+1. Stock ownership won't make any difference in terms of credit cards. If you have a CPC or PB relationship with them, then that's another story. Either of those will grant additional benefits which can be huge.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 11 of 16
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@ObeyJohnny12 wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

this is a 2 part question:

1. does it help if i invest with chase. i am buying a bunch of stocks over the next few months and i recently open a chase investment account. so will this help with future CLI's?

and 2. when i hit my 13 month with the freedom should i convert it to a mastercard since my United and CSP are both visa siggys? and do they offer a world elite freedom?

I forgot where the other post went, but I read recently that Chase does not to world, let alone world elite, for the Freedom card. The only flavors are Visa, Visa Siggy, and Mastercard.

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

this is a 2 part question:

1. does it help if i invest with chase. i am buying a bunch of stocks over the next few months and i recently open a chase investment account. so will this help with future CLI's?

and 2. when i hit my 13 month with the freedom should i convert it to a mastercard since my United and CSP are both visa siggys? and do they offer a world elite freedom?

I forgot where the other post went, but I read recently that Chase does not to world, let alone world elite, for the Freedom card. The only flavors are Visa, Visa Siggy, and Mastercard.

I seen a World MC Freedom. AFAIK there is no World Elite MC for the Freedom. 

Chase seems to lean towards Visa anyways. The Freedom is frankly too low-end of a card to be offered in a WEMC format. It is afterall, Chase's bottom-tier/entry card.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 12 of 16
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Ok so I just got a call from chase and my freedom card will now be a MasterCard
AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 13 of 16
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

There is World MC for Freedom. No such thing was World Elite MC.

also +1 on the stock ownership effect on CLI. Unless you have soemthing significant and is part of the Private Banking, then it wouldn't matter. If you had a large balance in the checking/savings account, under manual review with a supervisor or EO I would think it would make a difference.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 14 of 16
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

I am also going to buy a few shares of JPM to see if i invest in the bank it self will it help with CLI's

I really hope you are joking. I cannot believe someone could say this and be serious about it.

I asked analysts a few times and each time they said that they don't take deposit accounts into consideration when approved new credit.

Message 15 of 16
bribro
Valued Contributor

There is for sure a Freedom World MC, because I have it. I'm pretty sure there is no World Elite variant MC, but I'll check into it.

If you have significant investment assets with one of the wealth management divisions of JPMC (e.g. J.P. Morgan Securities, J.P. Morgan Private Bank or Chase Private Client) your banker can help you with credit card related items like CLI requests and new card applications. The banker essentially "vouches" for you as a client, which helps in the manual review process. Your banker can also endorse a specific credit limit for you. However, the banker can only do so much if you have bad credit.

As others have said, owning JPM stock will not help, unless it's held in a JPMC account. Even then, I wouldn't expect any special treatment if you have less than $100k AUM aggregate.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.