Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my first approval!

tag
rebuilding
Regular Contributor

my first approval!

Woot!

I know most of you wouldn't get excited for your first approval but I have been turned down so many stinking times i was ready to give up.

I got a 300cl orchard card. $8/mo fee and 8.9% APR!

i was so skeptical i called the number from the 'backdoor list' and confirmed i didn't get Phish'ed!!  lol

11/30/2009 TU 676 EQ 665 EX 654 (CU pulled)
5/14/08 TU 660 EQ 676 EX 623
9/5/07 TU 579 EQ 612 EX 546
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: my first approval!

rebuilding wrote:
Woot!

I know most of you wouldn't get excited for your first approval but I have been turned down so many stinking times i was ready to give up.

I got a 300cl orchard card. $8/mo fee and 8.9% APR!

i was so skeptical i called the number from the 'backdoor list' and confirmed i didn't get Phish'ed!!  lol

WTG.  Feels good, does it not?  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 11
nicemann
Established Contributor

Congrads....I remember how excited I was when I got my first card!
Message 3 of 11
cobra19
Valued Contributor

rb - congrats. Your local credit union is a good place to apply when others might not be so understanding.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats r.b.! Keep that card spotless of high utilities, paying well before the due date and it can lead to better cards. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL!!  I remember well in the firststages of rebuilding.  I had just called HSBC to tell them what to do wit their apps when they approved me fortheir 300.00 rebuilder.. I almost slept with that thing under my pillow...lol!!

COINGRATS!!!
Message 6 of 11
rebuilding
Regular Contributor

i got so giddy i thought what the heck I'll go for the hsbc they are the same right? so I did and the app process was identical! same look and feel and everything.  and I got the 'we'll let ya know in 10-14 days' Smiley Mad

lol

we'll see.

when I went to the check status of the hsbc site they showed "you have two apps processing..."  and it showed the orchard bank card and theirs.  Smiley Surprised   hope I didn't screw up the first one!!

11/30/2009 TU 676 EQ 665 EX 654 (CU pulled)
5/14/08 TU 660 EQ 676 EX 623
9/5/07 TU 579 EQ 612 EX 546
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!! That's awesome!! I get that giddy whenever I'm approved for anything. Smiley Wink The feeling never gets old.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

WTGSmiley HappyON UR WAY......
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I changed back into the living when I got my $300 Orchard card. Things have progressed nicely sense. Read here. Do ALL the right things and you too can become addicted to GOOD credit. Check it out!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.