Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my first few weeks on the job

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: my first few weeks on the job

@ryanbush wrote:

Wow, lots of great info! thanks for posting this! 

+1

Very interesting and always invaluable to get an insider's perspective.  Many thanks for taking the time answering some of our questions!

Message 21 of 25
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Great insider view, thanks!  

My question: do you have notes showing that this app has been reconned before?  And, if so, I would guess it shows some reason for the analysts decision (which must be unsatisfactory to the applicant, hence the re-recon!).  Do you treat these any differently from those that are "fresh", or are you more likely to decline as well.

Thanks

Message 22 of 25
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

Wow, lots of great info! thanks for posting this! 

+1

Very interesting and always invaluable to get an insider's perspective.  Many thanks for taking the time answering some of our questions!

Not a problem.. Just keep in mind every scenario has so many variables, but these are how myself and most analysts I work with view them. Also, if you feel you are borderline and get one recon denied... recon again. If you give a deal to 10 analysts you will probably get 5 different answers and limits. Its worth a shot.

I will answer questions, but feel free to inbox them going forward. I don't get on here as much as I used to because of work, but when I get on I will answer your questions to the best of my ability and understanding as I continue to learn.

Thanks guys!

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 23 of 25
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Great insider view, thanks!  

My question: do you have notes showing that this app has been reconned before?  And, if so, I would guess it shows some reason for the analysts decision (which must be unsatisfactory to the applicant, hence the re-recon!).  Do you treat these any differently from those that are "fresh", or are you more likely to decline as well.

Thanks

yes, typically it goes... system declines:customer calls for recon:say that the analyst feels the need to see more history, they decline:another analyst will see that they declined it and why, but that analyst can override their decision. You take ownership of any decision you make on an app, so if they feel they could defend the reasoning for approval they will do it.

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 24 of 25
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Great information, thanks so much for sharing!!!

*8/10/13
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.