Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my luck ran out!!

tag
swpopham
Established Contributor

my luck ran out!!

afer applying just for the hell of it every month since my wife closed her account I have been applying every 35 days just for the hell of it and my luck finaly ran out tonight. heres what was in my email this morning. **bleep**

Reference Number: xxxxUSD
Dear Steven  

We are pleased to approve your application for the Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, and we'd like to welcome you to the benefits and services that come with Cardmembership.

We are expediting the delivery of your Card, and you will receive it in 2 to 3 days. However, you can begin managing your account now by registering for online access. When you set up your online account, you can customize your preferences so you'll be ready to view your transaction activity, manage your rewards and much more once you begin using your Card. If you haven't already done so, you can go to americanexpress.com/onlineregistration and register for online access using the Reference Number at the top of this email. Please note that your Reference Number will only be valid for 15 days.   After your Card arrives, activate it quickly, easily and securely at americanexpress.com/activate so you can start spending immediately.

Thank you again for choosing American Express.

Sincerely,
  American Express Customer Service

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
LesWH
Established Contributor

Re: my luck ran out!!

@swpopham wrote:

afer applying just for the hell of it every month since my wife closed her account I have been applying every 35 days just for the hell of it and my luck finaly ran out tonight. heres what was in my email this morning. **bleep**

Dear Steven  

We are pleased to approve your application for the Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, and we'd like to welcome you to the benefits and services that come with Cardmembership.

We are expediting the delivery of your Card, and you will receive it in 2 to 3 days. However, you can begin managing your account now by registering for online access. When you set up your online account, you can customize your preferences so you'll be ready to view your transaction activity, manage your rewards and much more once you begin using your Card. If you haven't already done so, you can go to americanexpress.com/onlineregistration and register for online access using the Reference Number at the top of this email. Please note that your Reference Number will only be valid for 15 days.   After your Card arrives, activate it quickly, easily and securely at americanexpress.com/activate so you can start spending immediately.

Sincerely,

So did they do Hard Pulls on you all those times? 

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 2 of 10
swpopham
Established Contributor

no it was soft pulls till last night, just a pull on ex

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 3 of 10
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Steve,

That's great but just don't spend 15k the first month otherwise they FR you again...lol I hate this hard limit crap....
Message 4 of 10
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@youngman1234 wrote:
Steve,

That's great but just don't spend 15k the first month otherwise they FR you again...lol I hate this hard limit crap....

I would say that good luck finally came your way, not that it ran out...

Congrats on the new card!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 10
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@youngman1234 wrote:
Steve,

I would say that good luck finally came your way, not that it ran out...

Congrats on the new card!

Thinking the same thing!  Luck running out usually refers to good luck going away.

Regardless, Congratulations!  It sounds like you have waited a long time for this and I hope you enjoy the card!

Edit: Looks like you don't want the card after reading posts below.  I'm so confused!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 6 of 10
adavis425
Established Contributor

@swpopham wrote:

Dear Steven  

Sincerely,

I'm confused. Your luck ran out in apping for a card you DID NOT want?? Why app every 35 days for credit you don't want? Congrats!...if they're in order. Smiley Indifferent

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 7 of 10
swpopham
Established Contributor

I kept apping just to screw with amex, i dont need the card at all. Ill open the bcp in jan and get rid of the prg after the bonus hits. I have hidden lines with the select and my wifes pd cards. So a charge card dosent do anything besides keep amex on my report.

Message 8 of 10
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 9 of 10
john398
Senior Contributor

@swpopham wrote:
I kept apping just to screw with amex, i dont need the card at all. Ill open the bcp in jan and get rid of the prg after the bonus hits. I have hidden lines with the select and my wifes pd cards. So a charge card dosent do anything besides keep amex on my report.

Sure hope you don't get a FR for them to mess with you LOL

Congrats

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.