Reply
Established Contributor
swpopham
Posts: 550
Registered: ‎06-02-2012
0

my luck ran out!!

[ Edited ]

 

 

 

 

afer applying just for the hell of it every month since my wife closed her account I have been applying every 35 days just for the hell of it and my luck finaly ran out tonight. heres what was in my email this morning. **bleep**

 

 

Reference Number: xxxxUSD
Dear Steven  

 

We are pleased to approve your application for the Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, and we'd like to welcome you to the benefits and services that come with Cardmembership.

  We are expediting the delivery of your Card, and you will receive it in 2 to 3 days. However, you can begin managing your account now by registering for online access. When you set up your online account, you can customize your preferences so you'll be ready to view your transaction activity, manage your rewards and much more once you begin using your Card. If you haven't already done so, you can go to americanexpress.com/onlineregistration and register for online access using the Reference Number at the top of this email. Please note that your Reference Number will only be valid for 15 days.   After your Card arrives, activate it quickly, easily and securely at americanexpress.com/activate so you can start spending immediately.

 

 

 

Thank you again for choosing American Express.

 

 

 

Sincerely,
  American Express Customer Service

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Established Contributor
LesWH
Posts: 608
Registered: ‎10-11-2012
0

Re: my luck ran out!!


swpopham wrote:

 

 

 

 

afer applying just for the hell of it every month since my wife closed her account I have been applying every 35 days just for the hell of it and my luck finaly ran out tonight. heres what was in my email this morning. **bleep**

 

 

Reference Number: xxxxUSD
Dear Steven  

 

We are pleased to approve your application for the Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, and we'd like to welcome you to the benefits and services that come with Cardmembership.

  We are expediting the delivery of your Card, and you will receive it in 2 to 3 days. However, you can begin managing your account now by registering for online access. When you set up your online account, you can customize your preferences so you'll be ready to view your transaction activity, manage your rewards and much more once you begin using your Card. If you haven't already done so, you can go to americanexpress.com/onlineregistration and register for online access using the Reference Number at the top of this email. Please note that your Reference Number will only be valid for 15 days.   After your Card arrives, activate it quickly, easily and securely at americanexpress.com/activate so you can start spending immediately.

 

 

 

Thank you again for choosing American Express.

 

 

 

Sincerely,
  American Express Customer Service


So did they do Hard Pulls on you all those times? 


NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014






Established Contributor
swpopham
Posts: 550
Registered: ‎06-02-2012
0

Re: my luck ran out!!

no it was soft pulls till last night, just a pull on ex

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Frequent Contributor
youngman1234
Posts: 456
Registered: ‎02-27-2012
0

Re: my luck ran out!!

Steve,

That's great but just don't spend 15k the first month otherwise they FR you again...lol I hate this hard limit crap....
Moderator Emeritus
webhopper
Posts: 7,230
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: my luck ran out!!


youngman1234 wrote:
Steve,

That's great but just don't spend 15k the first month otherwise they FR you again...lol I hate this hard limit crap....

I would say that good luck finally came your way, not that it ran out...

 

Congrats on the new card!


Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
SnackTrader
Posts: 1,566
Registered: ‎09-15-2012
0

Re: my luck ran out!!

[ Edited ]

webhopper wrote:

youngman1234 wrote:
Steve,

That's great but just don't spend 15k the first month otherwise they FR you again...lol I hate this hard limit crap....

I would say that good luck finally came your way, not that it ran out...

 

Congrats on the new card!


Thinking the same thing!  Luck running out usually refers to good luck going away.

 

Regardless, Congratulations!  It sounds like you have waited a long time for this and I hope you enjoy the card!

 

Edit: Looks like you don't want the card after reading posts below.  I'm so confused!


In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $22.200, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Chase CSP (4/14) $12,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Forward (12/12) $9,600, Chase Freedom (12/12) $5,000

Last App: April 2, 2014
Established Contributor
adavis425
Posts: 522
Registered: ‎02-14-2012
0

Re: my luck ran out!!


swpopham wrote:

 

 

 

 

afer applying just for the hell of it every month since my wife closed her account I have been applying every 35 days just for the hell of it and my luck finaly ran out tonight. heres what was in my email this morning. **bleep**

 

 

Reference Number: xxxxUSD
Dear Steven  

 

We are pleased to approve your application for the Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, and we'd like to welcome you to the benefits and services that come with Cardmembership.

  We are expediting the delivery of your Card, and you will receive it in 2 to 3 days. However, you can begin managing your account now by registering for online access. When you set up your online account, you can customize your preferences so you'll be ready to view your transaction activity, manage your rewards and much more once you begin using your Card. If you haven't already done so, you can go to americanexpress.com/onlineregistration and register for online access using the Reference Number at the top of this email. Please note that your Reference Number will only be valid for 15 days.   After your Card arrives, activate it quickly, easily and securely at americanexpress.com/activate so you can start spending immediately.

 

 

 

Thank you again for choosing American Express.

 

 

 

Sincerely,
  American Express Customer Service


I'm confused. Your luck ran out in apping for a card you DID NOT want?? Why app every 35 days for credit you don't want? Congrats!...if they're in order. :smileyindifferent:

 

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP


Established Contributor
swpopham
Posts: 550
Registered: ‎06-02-2012
0

Re: my luck ran out!!

I kept apping just to screw with amex, i dont need the card at all. Ill open the bcp in jan and get rid of the prg after the bonus hits. I have hidden lines with the select and my wifes pd cards. So a charge card dosent do anything besides keep amex on my report.
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Established Contributor
Cadillac-XTS
Posts: 1,837
Registered: ‎08-20-2012
0

Re: my luck ran out!!

Congrats

Senior Contributor
john398
Posts: 3,521
Registered: ‎01-19-2009
0

Re: my luck ran out!!


swpopham wrote:
I kept apping just to screw with amex, i dont need the card at all. Ill open the bcp in jan and get rid of the prg after the bonus hits. I have hidden lines with the select and my wifes pd cards. So a charge card dosent do anything besides keep amex on my report.


Sure hope you don't get a FR for them to mess with you LOL

 

Congrats


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}