Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my new CC app! please advise

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

my new CC app! please advise

i get cc apps all day in the mail.  chase, discover, mastercard, capital one.  my credit union issues a couple apps but not as frequent as the others.  i like my credit union because they offer 2.9 intro then it maxes after 9 months at like 8.9 percent.  the others offer 0 percent apr for a year then jumps to like 18 or 23 percent.  i like my credit unions rate "outline" better...

i spoke to them today.  they do a soft pull every quarter.  last pull i registered a high 7's in my fico.  my debt to income ratio needs to be less then 50% to get the best rate.  mine is.  HOWEVER, i was under the impression that debt to income more or less refers to strictly revolving accounts and not installment accounts??

i just got a raise.  i gross 800 a week and take home 621.  i have a 500 balance on 5000 credit card with wells fargo that i have had for a year.  i have a 500 balance on a 2600 credit card thru HSBC tha i have had for 4 years.  i have 90 bucks a month for a student loan (installment) and 400 month installment for my car payment.  (my work pays my car note but its issued under my name.  i guess it helps build my credit but kinda hurts my debt to income lol...

in any event....in terms of revolving credit i have 1000/7600.  7.6 utilization. 

my student loans i think im around 8k and my car note is under 12k. 

should i apply for the new credit union credit card?  i dont need the credit card but i want it lol....

in terms of minium payments....i can pay 15 (hsbc) 25(wells fargo) 90 (college loans) 400 (car) and i take home 2400 a month. 

what do you think i would be approved for?  they told me max would be 25k??

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Re: my new CC app! please advise

@Anonymous wrote:

i get cc apps all day in the mail.  chase, discover, mastercard, capital one.  my credit union issues a couple apps but not as frequent as the others.  i like my credit union because they offer 2.9 intro then it maxes after 9 months at like 8.9 percent.  the others offer 0 percent apr for a year then jumps to like 18 or 23 percent.  i like my credit unions rate "outline" better...

i spoke to them today.  they do a soft pull every quarter.  last pull i registered a high 7's in my fico.  my debt to income ratio needs to be less then 50% to get the best rate.  mine is.  HOWEVER, i was under the impression that debt to income more or less refers to strictly revolving accounts and not installment accounts??

i just got a raise.  i gross 800 a week and take home 621.  i have a 500 balance on 5000 credit card with wells fargo that i have had for a year.  i have a 500 balance on a 2600 credit card thru HSBC tha i have had for 4 years.  i have 90 bucks a month for a student loan (installment) and 400 month installment for my car payment.  (my work pays my car note but its issued under my name.  i guess it helps build my credit but kinda hurts my debt to income lol...

in any event....in terms of revolving credit i have 1000/7600.  7.6 utilization. 13.16%

my student loans i think im around 8k and my car note is under 12k. 

should i apply for the new credit union credit card?  i dont need the credit card but i want it lol....

in terms of minium payments....i can pay 15 (hsbc) 25(wells fargo) 90 (college loans) 400 (car) and i take home 2400 a month. 

what do you think i would be approved for?  they told me max would be 25k??

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 2 of 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: my new CC app! please advise

I rather do business with a credit union too so I would say go ahead and apply for it and ask them for the 25k, they will counter.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.