Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my purchase was denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: my purchase was denied

Yep, Plastiq FTW for me.  Used them several times to meet my spend.  Yeah, there's a fee, but worth it for me.  Only use them to meet spend.

Message 51 of 63
redpat
Senior Contributor

Who said greed is good??????

Only here is this crap is justified.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 52 of 63
blondy250
Established Contributor

Illegal no, unethical absolutely.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 53 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grabbing my popcorn and watching this drama unfold....
Message 54 of 63
accidentalpancake
Regular Contributor

@dragontears wrote:
I find it rather interesting that this topic is considered "unethical" because it is a violation of implied TOS and other direct violation of TOS (i.e. using a business card for personal expenses) is considered "ok" because "everyone does it" and some bloggers endorse it.

I'd argue that's not ok either. 

I get that some people want to wring every last point they can out of bonuses and such, but I'd rather just do it based on my actual spending. 

FICO as of Feb 2017:
EQ 712 | 728 TU | 713 EX
Message 55 of 63
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@dragontears wrote:
I find it rather interesting that this topic is considered "unethical" because it is a violation of implied TOS and other direct violation of TOS (i.e. using a business card for personal expenses) is considered "ok" because "everyone does it" and some bloggers endorse it.

The advocation of MS has been deemed taboo by the Admins of this site and as such examples of and encouragement to someone to do it is off limits in ALL forums of myFico.

Message 56 of 63
dragontears
Senior Contributor

For the record, I personally believe MS should not be done and if you can't meet a spend bonus with your natural spend you should NOT apply for that card. I also believe that business cards should not be used for personal expenses. In fact I think people should follow all the credit card TOS if they wish to have that card.
I just find it interesting that there is a selective "outrage" over breaking credit card TOS.
Message 57 of 63
redpat
Senior Contributor

@dragontears wrote:
For the record, I personally believe MS should not be done and if you can't meet a spend bonus with your natural spend you should NOT apply for that card. I also believe that business cards should not be used for personal expenses. In fact I think people should follow all the credit card TOS if they wish to have that card.
I just find it interesting that there is a selective "outrage" over breaking credit card TOS.

Because it's bush league and for the ham-and-eggers.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 58 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally I find it easy enough to just apply for the card right before going on a trip.  Use the card while traveling and you'll meet the spend and you'll get all the points.  Then use those points for your next trip.  Cycle, Rinse, Repeat.

Message 59 of 63
WST
Valued Member

Legal or illiegal, that is for the courts to decide - Homer J. Simpson.            Smiley Happy

Started Sept. 15, 2021 - Staying approx. 3 years (then house hunting)
Message 60 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.