cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFico recommends to transfer balance???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

myFico recommends to transfer balance???

Hello Everyone,

I am new to myFico.  I filled out all the information and myFico recommends that I balance transfer to help with some of my hight percentage rates. 

However, it does not tell you what to do if you are denied a new cc to transfer to.  Does anyone have any suggestions.  I feel that I am in a catch 22.  I know I need to balance transfer or consolidate but no one will give me the option to do either.

Please advise.

Thank you
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dizzier
Established Contributor

Re: myFico recommends to transfer balance???

then you must paydown as much as you can and increase your score.

Do you have some blemishes on your credit report that you can get off so your score can go up?

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are your cards/Credit line/current balance?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am disappointed with myself about the balances I currently have but here it goes.

WAMU/6500/5500 (goes down each month by 500)
Citi/11000/10000
Chase/3000/2900
Lowes/1300/860
Home Depot/3000/1929

Much of my debt came from some serious unexpected expenses.  I recently paid off a card with my tax refund.  I am currently using cash to purchase everything or it does not get purchased.

I always pay more the minimum and pay extra if I get additional money.
I have tried to get interest rates lowered.
I am removing an authorized user from the account.
I am thinking about doing a consolidation on all of the cards.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had everything I can have removed from my report.

There is one thing that tends to come up every so often, then I have to have it removed again.  I had an identity theft situation that a house was bought in my name.  I went through many years to have it removed. Now it seems that twice a year or so, I have go contact the creditors and provide paperwork stating it is not my debt.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.