cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myfico Experian score vs creditor pull Experian?

tag
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

myfico Experian score vs creditor pull Experian?

I posted this in another forum but haven't received any responses. I realize the Experian FICO score model most creditors pull is different than what is purchased here but "on average" what kind of score difference are most experiencing?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: myfico Experian score vs creditor pull Experian?

@nvrgvupnvrsrndr wrote:
I posted this in another forum but haven't received any responses. I realize the Experian FICO score model most creditors pull is different than what is purchased here but "on average" what kind of score difference are most experiencing?

It can go either way.  When talking about credit card approvals, I suspect most of the major lenders are on a Bankcard-enhanced pull, which weighs things differently than the baseline pull found here.  It's hard to predict in this case, though someone with both a Wally and Merrick Bank TU score (baseline and bankcard respectively on TU'08) could likely provide information, but we'd need a ton of details and a lot of anecdotal responses. 

End of the day it's probably what we surmise anyway: Bankcard-enhanced likely puts more weight in the scoring of revolving tradelines than installment loans, and there's likely some factors in scoring as well, vis a vis my bogey is a pair of tax liens, and that *might* lead to a prediction that I'm less likely to default on a credit card than someone with charge offs on their record.

        
Message 2 of 4
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@nvrgvupnvrsrndr wrote:

As far i know the true EX fico scores i have seen and read about are the Fico V2 and V3 versions that many lenders use. The one here on myfico is an Fico08 version. Both EQ and TU have this version already and are used by many credit card lenders. For example, when i got my US Bank approval last month, my EX fico score they used was the V3 model which i am at 668. The one AMEX used was just an EX Fico score which stood at 705 last month. I have a feeling AMEX used the 08 version/model. Very difficult to know and predict which lender will use what model.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 3 of 4
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

Thanks for responding. I guess I should do a little more research.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.