Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nearing 700 score and got denied by wamu

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

nearing 700 score and got denied by wamu

wow. wth do you have to do to get a good card? right now i have a credit one and first premier and never missed payments in 13 months. this sucks.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: nearing 700 score and got denied by wamu

Have you ever had a Providian CC in the past that was in bad standing? They Blacklist, I know this from when i tried for a WAMU and got a NO  From a old bad account from 1998....That was PIF almost 8 years ago. They dont Play.
Message 2 of 15
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Forget, FP. Apply to Chase, AMEX.

Any recent baddies (CO's, etc)?

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

nope, never had a providian. the only 2 collections i have on my accounts are being disputed and they are from 2001/2003.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes! Try Chase! And if they say no just Recon. If i can Recon a Chase card, anyone can. True story.
Message 5 of 15
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Wamu is nutz. I've seen people with scores well over 700 get approved for toy lines while some with scores low to mid 600's with just rebuilder cards showing get 8-10K lines. I think they want to be the go to card and think anyone with large lines is not apt to generate too much income for them. Just my opinion.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wamu/Providian are inconsistant and unpredictable.....

There is no need for them with banks like: B of A, Chase, Citi, Amex, Discover.....

Anyone of those CCC's are prime, have good service, and will grow with you..... I am sure I am leaving several cards out, but you get my drift!
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

smallfry wrote:
Wamu is nutz. I've seen people with scores well over 700 get approved for toy lines while some with scores low to mid 600's with just rebuilder cards showing get 8-10K lines. I think they want to be the go to card and think anyone with large lines is not apt to generate too much income for them. Just my opinion.

I have to agree with that statement. I had scores of 687 to 669 and on the same day applied for a Discover More card, a Chase Rewards card and a Wamu MC. I got the Chase Rewards with a $3000 CL, the Discover more card with a $2000 CL and the WaMu MC with a $500 CL. I dont think that they have a method to their maddness. Oh well, a pack of gum a month will be all the WaMu card will see.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

So they are the Soup Nazi's of the CC world?

"NO CC FOR YOU"
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

denied for a discover more card as well. and i got a 30 day mesage about a chase card. yep, i am about to give up. and now i got denied for a capitol one card.

Message Edited by jango on 05-26-2008 08:58 PM
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.