Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nearing 700 score and got denied by wamu

tag
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Re: nearing 700 score and got denied by wamu

Don't feel bad, I get denied for pre-approved WaMu offers....lol. Smiley Very Happy
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

jango wrote:
denied for a discover more card as well. and i got a 30 day mesage about a chase card. yep, i am about to give up. and now i got denied for a capitol one card.

Message Edited by jango on 05-26-2008 08:58 PM

Sorry to hear that, jango.  Smiley Sad

Have you thought about BoA or Citi?  Personally, I think they're 2 of the best lenders out there. 
What kind of baddies do you have on your reports?
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jango!!! Dont give up I applied for a BP Visa my score 682 recent baddie 2005 and it declined me with the 30 notice! i calle the backdoor number and was approved i just explained i was younger back then i was shown the proper credit care now i want to obtain homeownership and the only ways to do it is show that I can make timely on time payments and BAMMMMMMMMMM i just got my please send in a copy of yr utility bill so we can further process yr app! yahoooooooooo dont give up Recon all of them and wamu ive heard too many horror stories so im not wasting my time! also do u make over 20,000? sometimes income can be a factor i make over that but I thgt that might be a factor what was the reasons u where denied?
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wamu is a strange creature indeed. When I got my card with them, my credit was trash... BUT, I my total deposits with them into my bank account were in the close to the 7 figure mark... therefore, I believe that Wamu heavily leans in favor of current big money or loyal customers when making credit decisions. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't figure why they would have given me (a guy whose credit score was worse than Geraldo Rivera's reporting talent on Fox News) a $3500.00 card.

Of course their gamble paid off because I have always been a good customer... still...
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know how it feels

I got my TU up to 703, applied for Discovery.

They denied me becuase i have 15 lates,

and one judgement ( Judgement was buisness related)

Next time i guess
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.