Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need advice on first cc

tag
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

Re: need advice on first cc

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but have a quick question. My friend received her card and with it came a credit score from L2C saying it was 714.

I had never heard of L2C but apparently it is an CB that is used when the person doesnt have a FICO ? Is that correct ?

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 11 of 14
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

@darkfrosty wrote:

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead but have a quick question. My friend received her card and with it came a credit score from L2C saying it was 714.

I had never heard of L2C but apparently it is an CB that is used when the person doesnt have a FICO ? Is that correct ?

Its an alternative credit score, I believe they get data from stuff like utility payments amongst other things. Some lenders use it in conjuction with FICO, although FICO is the main Score they look at. In your friend's case, they probably had no Fico score, so they used this one instead. I don't know much details on them. 

Message 12 of 14
creditFiend
Established Contributor

http://creditscoreredress.com/l2c-credit-score
Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 13 of 14
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

Any credit card with no annual fee

Once you get it, pay it off in full each month

Or if you don't pay in full, you choose not to to show you can make minimum payments on time each month to build your credit, then after 4 months of this, pay it off in full

LIVE WITHIN YOUR MEANS and don't charge to the credit card if you cannot pay it off.

Of course "emergencies" will happen and you may get into debt and "work for the bank" to pay it off and feel like a slave working for the bank as usually happens to most people.

When you are neck deep in debt, the only "secret" is make boatloads of money and pay it all off. How do you make boatloads of money, for most people, get an education and a job that pays well. How to pick your major and how to get a job, that's another life lesson.

-----

youdontkillmoney financial stats:

22 years of credit experience without EVER being late or missing a payment.

Experian FICO score: 798

Total 17 credit cards: $210,110:

AMEX Platinum ($85,000 with $450 annual fee plus an extra $175 for up to three additional member cards for $625 total each year);  Barclay's Black Card Stainless Steel Visa card ($10,000 with $495 annual fee and the last time I use this card the reaction is "wow, your card is heavy" and I just smile); Diners Club Carte Blanche ($15,000 with $300 annual fee); AMEX Business Platinum ($3,000); Bank of America Visa Signature ($5,000); Capital One ($2,000); Citibank MasterCard ($13,000); Discover ($3,000); Capital One Quicksilver (formerly HSBC) $20,000; JCB Card ($3,000); Juniper MasterCard ($5,000); Merrill Lynch Visa Signature ($5,000); US Bank Visa ($3,500); Wells Fargo Visa ($9,000); Credit Union Visa ($7,500); Chase Freedom Visa ($8,000); Citi Diamond Preferred ($13,200) 

Total 4 Lines of Credit: $45,200

Wells Fargo Line of Credit: $11,200 ($25 annual fee with 13.75% APR)

Credit Union: $20,000 ($0 annual fee with 15% APR)

US Bank Premier Plus Line of Credit: $5,000 ($0 annual fee with 13% APR)

Citibank Custom Line of Credit: $9,000 ($50 annual fee waived first year, and if used once a year, annual fee waived with 12.99% APR)

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.