cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need advise!!!!!!!!

tag
s1lent

need advise!!!!!!!!

hey guys i need your help on this. i got my very first credit card on january 2008 thats the only account i have in my credit report my question is would i be able to get chase credit card with only one account of 7 months old and utilization of 2% of 500 credit limit and 11 inqu? anybody can give me an advise pleaseeeee!!!!!!!! Ha i forgot my fico score is 692 thank u all!!!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: need advise!!!!!!!!

11 inquiries is quite a few and with only 1 card. You can try but I'd wait until some of the inquiries fall off.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wondering, though, how would the OP go about waiting for the 11 inquiries to drop? Doesn't that take two years?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why does 11 inquiries return one credit product?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

beenthere wrote:
Why does 11 inquiries return one credit product?

Not sure about OPs situation, but there are INQs for apartments, cellphones, employment, etc. I have all 3 on my CR.
Message 5 of 7
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

What are your scores ?

If you check whogavemecredit.com ,or any other site that might give you the same kind of info, you will know who Chase pulls from your area.

Chase was my first prime card almost exactly seven months after having an Orchard secured 200cl and a Cap One 300cl.

I had 13 inq's also at the time on TU (mostly denials from trying to rebuild). But I did have decent scores in the mid 600's from PIF'ing for those 7 months. I still had a baddie or two on my report also.

What I didn't have was the knowledge of this forum. I wasn't a contributer/lurker yet.

If I knew then what I practice now I would apply , and if I get denied , I try the backdoor number and recon my way into a small limit card if possible. If you have a decent job and good income that helps also with recon.

I'm not saying what the others above has said is wrong. It's good solid advice. You ARE in a much better position with less inq's.

I am relating my own experiences with Chase, and they are similar to yours, to let you know that they do approve for some in your situation.

Good luck

Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 6 of 7
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Sorry, missed the score at the end of your post.

You need to match up the score of the CRA that Chase pulls from your area though.

I did have a bigger/longer report. A car loan w/ many lates, the 2 CC'S mentioned above, a bad Verizon account PIF, and a closed but in good standing Amex from the early 90's.

Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.