Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help finding which card to apply

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

need help finding which card to apply

i need to get few credit cards ....right now i have no credit no car loan no activity on my credit at all no credit inq either ...... i have 3 credit cards closed in 2001 zero bal. one car loan paid off in 2001 since then i didnt use my credit for any thing ...my scores r in high 600 and i think equfax does not have score ....now i would  appricate if some one can point me to apply for right credit cards so i dont just end up with alot of inqs.  i make 60,000$ a year and i am 29 years old .....thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: need help finding which card to apply

Who has your checking and/or savings accounts?   Which cards were closed and why?  Any negatives on your reports?   

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have checking and saving with chase ....i dont have nothing bad on my credit .... and i use to have credit card with net first bank they out of business and one local bank and jcp all paid off and closed cuz i didnt wanted any debt i have one car loan paid off from toyota fin. i use to have 10 more cards but they all off the credit report cuz they were 10 yrs old

Message 3 of 4
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

I would start with 2 or 3 applicatons. 

I would apply to Chase since you are a customer.

I would select 1 or 2 cards from among your previous cards that you will use and apply(like jcp).   Many will have their own records of your previous credit.  

Once you get 1 or 2 cards, use them every month for 6 months and add 1 or 2 more.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.