creditneeded

need help finding which card to apply

i need to get few credit cards ....right now i have no credit no car loan no activity on my credit at all no credit inq either ...... i have 3 credit cards closed in 2001 zero bal. one car loan paid off in 2001 since then i didnt use my credit for any thing ...my scores r in high 600 and i think equfax does not have score ....now i would  appricate if some one can point me to apply for right credit cards so i dont just end up with alot of inqs.  i make 60,000$ a year and i am 29 years old .....thanks

Senior Contributor
Wolf3

Re: need help finding which card to apply

Who has your checking and/or savings accounts?   Which cards were closed and why?  Any negatives on your reports?   

creditneeded

i have checking and saving with chase ....i dont have nothing bad on my credit .... and i use to have credit card with net first bank they out of business and one local bank and jcp all paid off and closed cuz i didnt wanted any debt i have one car loan paid off from toyota fin. i use to have 10 more cards but they all off the credit report cuz they were 10 yrs old

Senior Contributor
Wolf3

I would start with 2 or 3 applicatons. 

I would apply to Chase since you are a customer.

I would select 1 or 2 cards from among your previous cards that you will use and apply(like jcp).   Many will have their own records of your previous credit.  

Once you get 1 or 2 cards, use them every month for 6 months and add 1 or 2 more.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}