Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help please,credit after 8 months of discharge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

need help please,credit after 8 months of discharge

Mychapter 7  bankruptcy has been discharged for 8 months now since Aug 8th crazy thing is Transunion,and experian has it listed on my report but Equifax doesnt and has refused to add it to my report Okay some might think i'm nuts trying to get them to add a bankruptcy but, not having it is hurting me worse

Here is my point  !  I keep getting told that my scores are very good I'm not sure how that is considering scores range from  600-660 I wanted to apply for the amazon store card and wanted to know what you think my chances are in getting one ?

Thank you.

mrdelaware19810

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Taoron
Frequent Contributor

Re: need help please,credit after 8 months of discharge

Hi!  Welcome to the forums.  When I applied for an Amazon store card last month, they did a HP on:

* Transunion

Based on my experience so far, the account gets reported to:

* Equifax

* Transunion

Hope this helps!!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to do a search for which companies pull exclusively Equifax in your area, and target those cards. 

Message 3 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Mychapter 7  bankruptcy has been discharged for 8 months now since Aug 8th crazy thing is Transunion,and experian has it listed on my report but Equifax doesnt and has refused to add it to my report Okay some might think i'm nuts trying to get them to add a bankruptcy but, not having it is hurting me worse

Here is my point  !  I keep getting told that my scores are very good I'm not sure how that is considering scores range from  600-660 I wanted to apply for the amazon store card and wanted to know what you think my chances are in getting one ?

Thank you.

mrdelaware19810

I have never heard of anyone trying to get a BK added to ones CR its a huge derog its worse than any CO, CA or late, the only thing worse is a tax lien. I would give up this idea immediately.

Message 4 of 7
syeb
Regular Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you.

mrdelaware19810

I have never heard of anyone trying to get a BK added to ones CR its a huge derog its worse than any CO, CA or late, the only thing worse is a tax lien. I would give up this idea immediately.

Agreed that trying to add a BK does not make sense. I disagree completely though with your comment about a tax lien being worse than a bankruptcy. I have a 3 year old tax lien (satisfied judgement). My scores are in the 750 range and never got below 675 even a few years back when I had the fresh lien, a fresh collection, and >70% util. A tax lien is not even remotely close to being as bad as a bankruptcy. Yes it is a significant ding, and it lasts a while, but a tax lien or judgement will be at most a 50 point or so hit. It also does not by definition preclude further issuances of credit. A bankruptcy can easily be a couple of hundred points or more and can be a hindrance to receiving any more credit until it completely drops off.  A tax lien can be overlooked by a loan officer with an explanation. A bankruptcy almost never will.

Message 5 of 7
elim
Senior Contributor

@syeb wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you.

mrdelaware19810

Agreed that trying to add a BK does not make sense. I disagree completely though with your comment about a tax lien being worse than a bankruptcy. I have a 3 year old tax lien (satisfied judgement). My scores are in the 750 range and never got below 675 even a few years back when I had the fresh lien, a fresh collection, and >70% util. A tax lien is not even remotely close to being as bad as a bankruptcy. Yes it is a significant ding, and it lasts a while, but a tax lien or judgement will be at most a 50 point or so hit. It also does not by definition preclude further issuances of credit. A bankruptcy can easily be a couple of hundred points or more and can be a hindrance to receiving any more credit until it completely drops off.  A tax lien can be overlooked by a loan officer with an explanation. A bankruptcy almost never will.

i'm still making payments on a 13k lien... "Open Federal Tax Lien" and i have what's in my sig including instant approved auto loan.    But then again, i have 0 experience with BK. (except hearing the pain and relief stories of the low score, debt-free people here and my ex wife being net-admin for a large 13 trustee firm Smiley Surprised)

edit: my scores are low also...  683-714 today

Message 6 of 7
syeb
Regular Contributor

i'm still making payments on a 13k lien... "Open Federal Tax Lien" and i have what's in my sig including instant approved auto loan.    But then again, i have 0 experience with BK. (except hearing the pain and relief stories of the low score, debt-free people here and my ex wife being net-admin for a large 13 trustee firm Smiley Surprised)

edit: my scores are low also...  683-714 today

Did you try an installment agreement with the IRS? I'm not 100% certain but perhaps that may remove the lien or at least cause it to be marked as satisfied?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.