cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need major bank card with 602 eq

tag
survivor

need major bank card with 602 eq

im @ a stand still. In 6 mos I have 6 store cards using the card trick all with low cl. Now I need a bank card, but I have 11 inquiries and 6 collections. One collection with cu shows last activity 8/2008. Should I wait until after August. My score is 602 with eq. I have 3  medical collections under 70.00.  1 collection with att and 1 bank card collection.

i tried to get another store card crate and barrel but was denied, they said I would receive in letter in 7-10 days. Receive letter today stating I have too many inqUiries, credit history to new, and collections this denial letter was from comenity, who have given me my 6 cc in dec-jan 2015.  Why r they denying me one another store card. What is my next steps to up my credit score.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: need major bank card with 602 eq

Tried Cap1 QS1...Seem like your scores might get you that... 39$ AF that can be offset easily by rewards

With that said you need to work on cleaning up your profile and trying to PFD on some of your baddies... Their is a rebuilding section on this forum you should check out.

Also you don't need, you want a major CC...  Bit of a difference.  Gotta clean up your stuff, but as stated you might have a chance with Cap1 QS1, but I would deffinetly address your profile and why you are in the position you are in.

Message 2 of 10
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@survivor wrote:

@Anonymous @ a stand still. In 6 mos I have 6 store cards using the card trick all with low cl. Now I need a bank card, but I have 11 inquiries and 6 collections. One collection with cu shows last activity 8/2008. Should I wait until after August. My score is 602 with eq. I have 3  medical collections under 70.00.  1 collection with att and 1 bank card collection.

i tried to get another store card crate and barrel but was denied, they said I would receive in letter in 7-10 days. Receive letter today stating I have too many inqUiries, credit history to new, and collections this denial letter was from comenity, who have given me my 6 cc in dec-jan 2015.  Why r they denying me one another store card. What is my next steps to up my credit score.

Get your reports clean. Look at doing PFDs for some of those as well. That's the biggest priority. Get them as clean as you can and get your scores higher than they are now. Don't worry about getting more cards now.

Once you've been able to do that, and maybe your scores are more in the 640s, maybe try Barclays and see if they can help you.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to the capital one prequalify site first. You should prequalify for one if their rebuild cards. Also try synchrony Walmart and amazon.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait at least 10 months to try barclays. They don't like a lot of inquiries.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One is you option at this time.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

11 INQ and six collections, study the rebuild your credit section. You'll be glad you did. Garden garden garden
Message 7 of 10
Pitt570
New Contributor

To be completely honest with you i would just stop applying for anymore cards your just going to waste hp...I would do what others have mentioned is look at your credit report and see if you can do PFD's...sorry to say but no banks are going to approve you with a 602 and and those baddies on there....ive been in your spot just one year ago with a  similiar credit profile and i just took charge on my credit reports and got everything removed either by disputing or pfd and when i have done that and noticed after months my score was skyrocketing THEN i started to apply for prime cards and once one comes in eventually they will follow but my advice to you is  if you want prime cards is to listen to these generous people on here and take there advice trust me i did and i am very happy where i am at....credit is a long process and just doesnt happen over night but will pay off as long as you do it right....good luck and just stay focused!!

PSECU $20k | Navy cash rewards $22K | Navchek $15k | BBVA NBA 4.5K | Discover it $1.5K I Chase CSP $12.5K | Cabelas Visa $1K | Chase Slate $3.5k | Lowes $20k || Paypal SC $2K Home depot $8K |Chase united mileage plus explorer 17K | PenFed Promise 12.5K | PenFedPlatinum 20K | Navy Go rewards $4.5K
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you considered getting a secured card?  With blemishes, that may be the way back into bank card land.

Message 9 of 10
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you considered getting a secured card?  With blemishes, that may be the way back into bank card land.

^This

Try State Department Fed CU. You can sign up, deposit funds to a savings account, and get a secured, real credit card, with no HP at all. I just went through that for the fun of it, and the card is on it's way, $500 limit, no AF, low APR, no HP, so you build your own CC. You can determine the limit based on the amount you put in the savings account. Start with $250 if you want. PIF while you use this card, and follow the advice of the others to get your reports cleaned up and scores improving.

Good luck!

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.