Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need some advice

tag
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: need some advice

@LS2982 wrote:
I'm thinking about running mostly all charges through PSECU and just leaving the others alone for awhile until I have the balances PIF. Anyway I do it I'm gonna be high utilization for a bit, at least until Jan.

LS,

What is limit on PSECU?  Running it on one card might be better.  If riding a balance, do it on the low interest one.  Just be prepared not to app for more credit in mean time.  Or maybe get a nice 0% for XX month card and run it on that Smiley Happy.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 11 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

PSECU is 9k and 9.9APR and has a 2k Bal. My Chase Freedom is 2k with 0% for 15 months and has a 1,100 Bal. All other cards are high APR other than Discover for the next 2 months at 3.9% and has a 0 Bal.

What's the best way to work this?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 13
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Personally, I would do it on what will save me the most in interest.  If you don't want to blow up your FICO in meantime, might want to avoid getting to 80% or more on any particular card.  You will see tremendous hit from that.  Also, you will see noticable hit on FICO by having any balances, no matter how small, from 2-5, but that isn't as big a deal.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.