Valued Contributor
RyVision

Re: need some thoughts...

Just so no one gets the idea it's possible from reading this thread;  FICOs of the upper 700s (over 755 etc) are not possible with high utilization (60%+), the scoring methods do not allow for that to happen.  I don't think any of the FAKOs even allow that to happen.

Revelate

Re: need some thoughts...

RyVision wrote:

Just so no one gets the idea it's possible from reading this thread;  FICOs of the upper 700s (over 755 etc) are not possible with high utilization (60%+), the scoring methods do not allow for that to happen.  I don't think any of the FAKOs even allow that to happen.

I'm not sure I would say never; but in general I agree with your assertion that's it extremely unlikely.  There's still a lot of room between a 755 and the realistic max around 840ish on the FICO scale to suck up a revolving utilization penalty; however, I haven't seen anyone around 760 with 60% utilization admittedly, by that credit strata there's just too many ways to hide utilization that it shouldn't be a problem short of substantial personal financial crisis.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 679, EQ 8 708, TU 711, EX 702* (07/14/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+