Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nevermind.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

nevermind.

Update - Got answer. No need for anyone else to waste time trying to figure this thread out.Smiley EmbarassedSmiley Indifferent

My account is current. I am carrying a balance.

Today is the last day I can make a payment even though no payment is due.

My statement ends next Thursday. It will let me make a payment today but I can't schedule one. Am I right in thinking thinking that I can log in Friday or Saturday and manually make a payment for that day even though it's after my due date?

I just tried asking a CSR and this guy seriously talked in circles and made no sense. All he seemed to want to do was take a payemnt from me or change my due date. My due date wasn't an issue.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX - Can I make a payment after due date if not past due?

@Anonymouswrote:

My account is current.

My statement ends today. It will let me make a payment today but I can't schedule one. Am I right in thinking thinking that I can log in Friday or Saturday and manually make a payment for that day even though it's after my due date?

I just tried asking a CSR and this guy seriously talked in circles and made no sense. All he seemed to want to do was take a payemnt from me or change my due date. My due date wasn't an issue.

If you login Friday or Saturday, you'd be in a new statement period and would be able to schedule a payment.  IIRC, AMEX doesn't let you schedule a payment after your due date for your current statement period.   Of course, you could always push a payment from your bank side.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth

But my new statement doesn't start until next week. So how would I be in a new statement period on Saturday?

Message 3 of 18
SarahJo
Established Contributor

@AnonymousMy statement ends today.
wrote:

@SunriseEarth

But my new statement doesn't start until next week. So how would I be in a new statement period on Saturday?

You're current, but your balance is obviously not at zero, so you're carrying a balance correct?  Also, which is it with your statement?  Amex, for me, ends and cuts within a day or two...not a week.  Sorry if I'm not understanding what your getting at. 

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct, I am current and not past due. The account is carrying a balance that I don't want to report when the statement cuts.

The statement cuts next Thursday.

My other cards like Discover let you make payments up until the statement cuts..even if it is the day it cuts. (Not that it's a good idea)  Does Amex not allow this? I guess I never noticed before because I never tried it.

Message 5 of 18
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

I've never had any problems doing that.

It could be a problem, though, if it's a new account or a new payment account.  Amex typically only allows one payment before statement closing in the first month of having registered a new payment method.  After that you can use it whenever and as often as you want.

Message 6 of 18
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Amex lets you make a payment 24/7.  I dont understnd. Are you trying to pay unposted transactions? For me, I can make a payment at 8am, by 5 pm it has already hit my checking account, and fully posts the next day

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 7 of 18
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

AMEX will let you pay toward pending transactions. The only thing I can think of that might restrict the OP is a new payment account.

Message 8 of 18
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

AMEX will let you pay toward pending transactions. The only thing I can think of that might restrict the OP is a new payment account.

My conclusion as well.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I logged in today and still have the option of submitting a payment. My payment account hasn't changed. I wasn't trying to pay pending transactions.

The confusion seems to be that you can't  schedule one ahead of time..as in you can't pick a future date on the calender. (Or maybe it's like that for me because it's still a new account)

But if you click "Continue", you can still submit a payment to be paid at that time. If I log in today, I have to make the payment today. I can't schedule a payment for tomorrow or next week.  I hope that finally makes sense.

So, everything is good.

amx.JPG

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.